Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

close the thread please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
Re: NL ROY canidates ~

McCutchen also plays superior defense at a harder position.

If you didn't have Parra cards, you wouldn't make this argument.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009

thefasterblade said:

If you didn't have Parra cards, you wouldn't make this argument.

If you say so. I didn't even bring Parra up initially, haven't looked at his stats in at least a week and then with Upton getting hurt I think you can see his potential.

This is all a moot point, it will go to a pitcher anyway on a contender.

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
I think Mccutchen would have to go really crazy the rest of the season to have a shot. I think it will go to a pitcher. Though I am really a huge Hanson fan, i think Happ has been the best pitcher on the best team in his division. I think Happ with Wells a very, very close second. Just my opinion.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
abncollectsautos said:
I think Mccutchen would have to go really crazy the rest of the season to have a shot. I think it will go to a pitcher. Though I am really a huge Hanson fan, i think Happ has been the best pitcher on the best team in his division. I think Happ with Wells a very, very close second. Just my opinion.

That is exactly what I said too.

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
EricInCT said:
abncollectsautos said:

That is exactly what I said too.

I am not agreeing with anyone, I am just stating what I think. Do not want to get caught up in the arguing within the thread.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008

thefasterblade said:

If you are going to use this argument, then I want to throw Dewter Fowler's name out there. Lead-off guy who has played excellent centerfield all season for a playoff contender.

I'm such a homer!

It's moot anyway; these guys have no chance, as the pitchers are going to get the votes. Having listened to last night's game on the radio, my vote goes to Happ.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
Well, McCutchen has also out hit Fowler and seems like the more impressive player off this season. The defense is just another plus over Parra.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
thefasterblade said:
Well, McCutchen has also out hit Fowler and seems like the more impressive player off this season. The defense is just another plus over Parra.

He has, that's true. He would deserve the award among the offensive players, I just want Fowler's yearlong contribution to be recognized!

It's like in 2007. Now, Ryan Braun deserved the ROY award, especially in retrospect. But Tulo is one helluva player, and he may have been the Rockies' MVP that season (Holliday or no Holliday). I wanted people to recognize his contributions to a playoff-bound team (but now this is sounding like the yearly MVP voting controversies).

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
Cutch, Hanson, and Happ...three guys that I picked up as soon as they got called up. Three guys that really solidified first place for me.

Members online

Latest posts