Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

closed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Archie Graham

Jan 17, 2009
Re: 07 BC Group Player Collector and Draft Case Break

Mox,

Can you please put me down for 10 spots. On your checklist it shows prospects starting at 105. I think Bowman Chrome starts at 111.

-DR2B

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA

DR2B said:
Mox,

Can you please put me down for 10 spots. On your checklist it shows prospects starting at 105. I think Bowman Chrome starts at 111.

-DR2B

will do. i need to recheck my checklist anyways. it appears beckett may be wrong.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA

ok fixed the error. all the checklists i was seeing had Jeff Fiorentino as 217 but Lincy is actually 217.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA

draft slots keep selling but the vet slots are not. we need some of these vets to start selling if this break is to happen.

bigeric

Aug 7, 2008

moxacaine said:
draft slots keep selling but the vet slots are not. we need some of these vets to start selling if this break is to happen.
$3 shipping is the problem, i would buy weaver but for the same price as a prospect slot its not worth it

jdpreas

Nov 14, 2008

Add these Please:

5 Stephen Drew $2
12 Carlos Quentin $2
25 Conor Jackson $2
72 Randy Johnson $2
81 Brandon Webb $2
135 Chad Tracy $2
166 Orlando Hudson $2
196 Miguel Montero $2

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA

bigeric said:
moxacaine said:
$3 shipping is the problem, i would buy weaver but for the same price as a prospect slot its not worth it

not being rude but its .50 difference :lol:

ill give you weaver for $4.50

I cant take a loss thats why im charging shipping. i didnt think it was fair to include a shipping price in the total cost of each player when people buy multiple players.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA

prospectorgems said:
I think you should raise the draft slots if it comes down to the vets not moving.

i can do that if everyone is ok with it. then whatever hits of the remaining vets that get pulled can be drawn for.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin

moxacaine said:
prospectorgems said:
I think you should raise the draft slots if it comes down to the vets not moving.

i can do that if everyone is ok with it. then whatever hits of the remaining vets that get pulled can be drawn for.

Yeah, I wouldn't see a problem in that. What do you think you can raise it to and then let's see what everyone else thinks.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA

prospectorgems said:
moxacaine said:
prospectorgems said:

Yeah, I wouldn't see a problem in that. What do you think you can raise it to and then let's see what everyone else thinks.

im at work right now so i will try to work the math tonight.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin

moxacaine said:
prospectorgems said:
moxacaine said:
prospectorgems said:

im at work right now so i will try to work the math tonight.

Not a problem. Have fun at work!

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA

ok i changed the price on the vets to include shipping and subtracting $2 for each additional purchased.

prospectorgems, a quick non accurate check would put the draft slots about about $8 each without selling the vets.

$8x151 = $1208
x .97 for paypal fees = $1171.76
-$970 for the case = $201.76

- $$ however much it will cost to ship to include packaging which will depend on how many different people join.

i need to figure out how much with the vet slots that have sold but that will take a little more time.

EDIT: based on the members that have bought into the vets already its looking like it will be $8 a slot if we did that at this point as hardly any of the vets have sold.

doing breaks this way is too much work. :?

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin

This is my take on "Draft" breaks for prospect based products.

I don't buy a box Bowman Chrome to hope for particular vet base/parallels. I buy them for the prospects.

The case breaker can make their own rules on however they want to do it and if they get ideas from other members, they can still do whatever they like which will make it easier on them.

As I stated, the Bowman Chrome products are featured off the prospects and the vets are usually just a filler to make the set bigger. A draft break should consist of just drafting prospects and give the vet parallels away with a random drawing or you do the whole thing with vets included. A thing however to look at is that someone could purchase 10 slots and it is possible to get all 10 slots in the high numbers meaning that the person would never even have a chance to draft any prospects, only vets.

I think in order to have a draft that includes vets would have to be based off a product that focuses on vets that would possibly contain autographs or game used items. I personally don't think it would be any fun to receive just base cards of vets. For me, I just dispose of any base vet cards I pull out of prospect products.

I say do the break however you like and if people would like to just have the chance to draft prospects, then let's do that and raise the price or include all the cards and keep the amount low, however these people will then need to realize there is a good chance they may not even receive a draft pick to draft any prospects.

You can do it however you like, but I do think you are making it way too difficult on yourself to separate the vets into slots for purchase as you know as well as I do that not all of them will sell.

These breaks are obviously all about the thrill and see what the draft choices will be, but at the same time, not too many people will like to drop $50 at just having a chance at vet cards.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA

its so much easier to do just a team draw. :lol:

youre right though. mixing the draft for vets and prospects was a bad idea.

were still over half away from even filling the prospects so i will give this until tuesday afternoon to get close to filling. If its not looking good i may just switch it to a team draw. if it still doesnt sell ill can it and we can try something else.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008

hey ken sorry, im a little confused, can u just update me on my total? thanks.

Latest posts