Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC - Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sales?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Curious after this past year, if you participated either as a seller or buyer at COMC during their normally biggest sale of the year? How was your experience? Would love to hear stories on both sides of the fence. I went on to see if there may be something worth grabbing. I was not real motivated to begin with, as my last shipment placed (detailed in another thread) was possibly actually going to be my last shipment from this site, so when nothing jumped out in my 2 primary search categories, I left the site and never looked back.

In past years, I spent a lot of time and a fair amount of money searching for bargain bin autos mostly and was pretty successful.

Sellers - Did you may any decent money?

Buyers - Any tremendous deals?

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
COMC?

After 2 years of their shenanigans, piss poor and un-accountable customer service, and pathetic excuses on social media, they still can't get it together enough to offer anything less than multiple month shipping. Unless of course you buy from ebay. I'm sorry, but to hell with COMC.

BabyFaceFrank

Jul 25, 2021
Pennsylvania USA
I find their cash management system for buyers predatory and scummy. Them being a step in between paypal and the purchase is the absolute worst thing with the site imo. 11% withdrawal fee yet they wont let you cashout more than once a week. What if I make an offer for a card and it doesn’t get accepted So I withdrawal the money for free right away making sure I don’t forget. I then find a card the next day which also is on comc but the seller again doesn’t accept my offer. I run the chance of forgetting I put money on the site because of the week wait penalty. I’m sure this gets tons of people just like it got me. Say it was $1000, well sucks for you idiot you just lost $111 for simply taking your own money out of your account.
Terrible

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I didn't buy much last year but this year I picked up quite a lot for my team collection, filling holes and catching up on 2020 and 2021 cards I hadn't bought yet. I put in an economy shipment request Monday and the current estimated ship date is 12/24. I'm going to guess that will be pushed back as I have several of those "remote warehouse" items. I'm actually hoping it doesn't get here too fast as I will be on vacation until the 18th and I don't want the package to sit on the porch waiting for the housesitter to pick it up.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
I find their cash management system for buyers predatory and scummy. Them being a step in between paypal and the purchase is the absolute worst thing with the site imo. 11% withdrawal fee yet they wont let you cashout more than once a week. What if I make an offer for a card and it doesn’t get accepted So I withdrawal the money for free right away making sure I don’t forget. I then find a card the next day which also is on comc but the seller again doesn’t accept my offer. I run the chance of forgetting I put money on the site because of the week wait penalty. I’m sure this gets tons of people just like it got me. Say it was $1000, well sucks for you idiot you just lost $111 for simply taking your own money out of your account.
Terrible

I can live with their slow ship times., but this is my biggest gripe with them as well. They need to allow us to pay directly with paypal/cc from the site and not have to carry store credit to make a purchase and leave it in my inventory until I'm ready for it to be shipped. I've missed a big card or two because I've had to take the time to add store credit.

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
Even with their discount prices, I found the cards I was interested to still be way above EBAY. So that was some sale. I ended up buying a mere 5 cards and none were baseball. I guess nobody likes rare Keyshawn Johnson inserts. So those were obtainable at least.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts