Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC rushed shipping still not shipped almost 30 days late

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I feel for you. That costs extra too, doesn't it? So now, not only are they providing poor service, but they are ripping people off financially by charging extra for an expedited service they are not actually providing!

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
That's a crazy fee for shipping for something that will ship one month later. They should refund it to you at this point. If not, I would complain.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Email and complain. Mine was due to ship 5/5 and hasn‘t. I got my $35 back at least

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
From the other COMC thread, I think if you complain they will refund the extra fee for the 'rush'.

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
As bad as they've been recently, they would still usually ship within a month on EBAY for $4.99. The fact they charge over $30 on their own site to ship within the same time span (and not deliver) is total bull ****. Pardon my French.

Last edited:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
So this is what COMC has come to. Members of their own site shell out big bucks for "rush" shipping and they don't deliver, while ebay buyers still get their cards much faster, and for much less. And the best answer from our board (and sincerely so) is that you should "email them and hope for the best".

Dec 4, 2008
For the rush shipment, I would advise only doing that on your highest $ cards, don’t do it for low end. It is a per card fee, I think 50 cents each, for rush. Keep it to just the big $ stuff and it’s smart. I have an order still pending from the fall too on economy. 200 cards and probably like $6 to ship. With them getting $10, $20, $30 to ship? Yeah right that ships any time soon. :) I also tried out the rush shipment on 10 cards a few weeks ago. It posted as “packaging” within two days. Still no ship notice but a chance they make their stated window. Comc, PSA and the like are interesting business models. Huge growth, a chance to harvest into genuine profitability, and yet horribly mis-managed. The PSA model is the right one. Shut down incoming receipts. Process backlog, and then right size staffing to handle the spike in workload. Hopefully those WA COMC hippies can take a hint and get with the program! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
What made them so appealing in the beginning, the ability to hold cards in a "portfolio" and ship when you wanted to for one price, was an incredible idea. It would seem that they got very comfortable holding a lot of cards for people so that when they increased volume to the point they could not keep up with it all, it came back to bite them hard. People who had been patient and willing to wait were not patient once the shipment was released. Folks might hold cards for a year or more, but when they are ready to receive said cards, they don't want to wait 3-4 months! Now you literally have little choice in the matter.

I believe the spike from covid reconnecting-collectors will diminish quickly as vaccines have opened the pathway to a return to normal. Those people stuck at home and bored who rediscovered not only a desire to collect, but maybe more importantly a perceived value stream that once existed when they were first collecting (back in the 90s), many will go back to their old ways. Especially if they see their new found money train slowing down with prices dropping.

I sold a few boxes of junk commons a few weeks back. I tossed them up on a local community website and figured nobody would inquire. I had someone immediately offer me slightly less than asking, which was fine by me. As far as I was concerned, they were just a notch above recycle material. The guy who ended up buying them seemed really excited and was surprised by the amount I had. I took that money and gave him the cards, but actually felt a little guilty. I hope he enjoys them because I doubt he'll make money on them if that was his intent.

I'm ready to get back to a more "normal" collecting experience personally.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
just got this email
From the very beginning, I have been fortunate to be a part of COMC’s growth and continued efforts to optimize your joy in the hobby. Today, I have an important message to address many of the concerns raised over the past few months regarding our current shipping experience.

In most of our history, COMC has been known for reliable shipping and customer service. Starting with the launch of our support for eBay auctions, which carried into the global pandemic of 2020, and combined with the tremendous growth of our industry, our ship times have lagged significantly. The most critical factors impacting our ability to fulfill shipment requests have been adapting our processes to operate in the pandemic, a labor shortage as a result of the pandemic, and running out of warehouse space. We are collectors here at COMC and genuinely feel the frustration that shipping delays have caused.

For full transparency, in March 2020, we shipped over 25K packages with an average ship time of under 3 days. While our capacity has steadily increased over the months, our average ship time has gotten worse due to transitioning and onboarding at the new location. For perspective, in May 2021 we broke a COMC record by shipping over 45K packages; and while this is great news, we are working to get our shipments out in a more consistent and reliable time frame. Rest assured that we have a plan and are committed to getting there.
In the last 3 months we moved our entire packaging department to our new facility where we installed new warehouse automation, and we have improved our recruiting, onboarding, and training. COMC is focused on continued shipping improvements and we thank you for your patience and understanding as we adjust to our new location, team, and equipment.

Additionally, in response to the situation:

• We are currently hiring 5-10 new team members per week with the goal of growing the company to 400 employees by the end of 2021.
• Every outgoing card is now individually barcoded, which is a tangible, new improvement to ensure accuracy.
• We have increased our Customer Service support with 10 new hires since February 1, 2021.
• We have created several new support roles on-site dedicated to expediting orders.

COMC takes the delivery of your valued assets seriously and will continue to prioritize improvements to reduce shipping turnaround times. Company-wide, from top to bottom, our teams are working around the clock to resolve overdue orders. We truly regret any inconvenience our delays have caused you.

On a personal note, Tim Getsch (COMC CEO & Founder) and I are on the ground at our new location, working closely with the team to ensure our success. I am committing to reporting the improvements COMC is making every month as the trading card industry continues to grow and evolve. I look forward to sharing these regular updates about how COMC is providing quality and integrity in the delivery of your collectibles.

Thank you,

Julia Getsch
- COMC President and Cofounder

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
More of the same...we've hired people, we have our new location, we are working on it, with no date stated when they'll be caught up, and no goal of also reducing their insane stated shipping times which are pushing 4 months for economy right now.

My order is now over 2 and a half months late and we're approaching 6 months from my shipment request date. I don't have much hope for getting it any time soon because the metric they are using to make themselves look good is number of packages sent...my order is about 1,000 cards so why take all of that time to send 1 package when they could send 50 smaller packages instead and pat themselves on the back that much more?

Dec 4, 2008
It's also telling when they talk about hiring new people, but fail to talk about total staff (i.e. likely seeing heavy attrition and the new hires become backfills vs. augmentation)

As mentioned in that COMC form letter, ebay was the real killer. Before, COMC and Ebay were separate platforms. I loved it as a great source of arbitrage. Once COMC started cross-listing on ebay, their volume exploded, as ebay right now is where most of the eyeballs are. I still do like the cross-listing personally, as all my ebay saved searches ping when new things are listed on COMC and show up on ebay, then I can dutifully go onto COMC and buy it there.

I think eventually the delayed ship times will get ebay's attention. If someone really wants to be the squeaky wheel with COMC, buy on ebay and then complain if their ship times fall outside the window. Personally I still prefer to just buy on COMC and wait it out. You can usually get it on COMC for ~25% less than the ebay cross-list.

I recently decided to PC Todd Helton and was psyched when this showed on my saved searches a few days ago, and then managed to offer & get accepted on COMC at a good price ($40). Would have cost me a lot more I am guessing via ebay. Maybe I will get to see it in hand by the year 2022! It's still a love/hate thing with COMC.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Unless they suspend incoming submissions till they get caught up, nothing will change. All they’re doing is putting a bunch of tiny bandages on a huge hemorrhage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest posts