Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Sent in my first 100 cards. Looking forward to seeing how it works out. Now I just have to wait til the 27th to get them active.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Sent in my first 100 cards. Looking forward to seeing how it works out. Now I just have to wait til the 27th to get them active.
I'm thinking about sending in a small lot of cards myself... did you take advantage of the first time seller thing? I need to look it up but I think you get a $20 credit or something? Anyways, let us know how it goes.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
I'm thinking about sending in a small lot of cards myself... did you take advantage of the first time seller thing? I need to look it up but I think you get a $20 credit or something? Anyways, let us know how it goes.

Yeah, getting the $20 first timer deal. 100 cards for $5. Can't complain, if nothing sells it'll be $3 to get them back. It's just a bunch of low #'d Albert Belle stuff anyway

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013
I used the $20 first-time credit and it went perfectly. Print off the invoice for submission and wrote "$20 First-Time Seller Credit" on it and also I put "per Moe" on it since he confirmed it.

Sold 20+ of my first 80 low-end stuff and I've already submitted another 60.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
I'm waiting to submit any more cards until they sort out their new inventory/checklist policies. I have a bunch of oddball, minor league and foreign stuff I want to list, but I don't want to see the cards being shipped back to me for identification problems as has been done multiple times in the past.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I'm waiting to submit any more cards until they sort out their new inventory/checklist policies. I have a bunch of oddball, minor league and foreign stuff I want to list, but I don't want to see the cards being shipped back to me for identification problems as has been done multiple times in the past.

I saw some things listed now that they had previously rejected from me.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Yeah, getting the $20 first timer deal. 100 cards for $5. Can't complain, if nothing sells it'll be $3 to get them back. It's just a bunch of low #'d Albert Belle stuff anyway

Has anybody had cards they submitted shipped back to them since the 25 cent tacked-on shipping free was introduced...and if so, can you have all your submitted cards shipped back to you for $3 or are you going to have to add on the 25 cents per card fee in addition? I was under the impression that if anything gets shipped from COMC it has to have had that 25 cents paid at some point, even if you submitted it, but I can't find clarification on the site anywhere.

I can't imagine they'd just ship everything back for $3, otherwise they'd lose a lot of money on people sending in 1,000 cards, selling 200 of them, then paying $3 to have 800 cards shipped back after a few months. I have no idea how COMC organizes the cards in their warehouse (by submission, seller, or set) but it would cost a lot more than $3 to have people go pull the cards, prepare them to ship, and pay postage.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Has anybody had cards they submitted shipped back to them since the 25 cent tacked-on shipping free was introduced...and if so, can you have all your submitted cards shipped back to you for $3 or are you going to have to add on the 25 cents per card fee in addition? I was under the impression that if anything gets shipped from COMC it has to have had that 25 cents paid at some point, even if you submitted it, but I can't find clarification on the site anywhere.

I can't imagine they'd just ship everything back for $3, otherwise they'd lose a lot of money on people sending in 1,000 cards, selling 200 of them, then paying $3 to have 800 cards shipped back after a few months. I have no idea how COMC organizes the cards in their warehouse (by submission, seller, or set) but it would cost a lot more than $3 to have people go pull the cards, prepare them to ship, and pay postage.

I believe they send them back when you have an order shipped unless you request to have them shipped back. In that case, I don't believe you are charged for the shipping.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
i can never find anything i want for a reasonable price. once i spend the $40ish i have in my account i wont be returning.

What do you collect? I'm a team collector and I've bought thousands of cards on COMC for prices ranging from great to decent/okay. I could see it not being as useful for somebody that only buys for an advanced player collection, is only interested in higher-end stuff, or goes after hot rookie stuff. It seems to be best for cards that sell in the $1 to $10 range.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
What do you collect? I'm a team collector and I've bought thousands of cards on COMC for prices ranging from great to decent/okay. I could see it not being as useful for somebody that only buys for an advanced player collection, is only interested in higher-end stuff, or goes after hot rookie stuff. It seems to be best for cards that sell in the $1 to $10 range.

I can find base cards all day long very cheap. But i also hoard a guy who hasnt played in about 3-4 years who only has one card. And this same card i buy all day long for $1-$5 on ebay and its $40 on COMC. yes i agree its great for the low end purchases. but it sucks for guys like harper who i collect. His prices are down from a not so great season and these sellers are still selling at two year ago hype prices.

Im glad the site works well for others but its too much of a pain in the ass for me. lol Maybe ill use my credit and try to send stuff in to sell.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
I wish I had known about COMC earlier/it was around in 2008 when the majority of my PC guys were drafted. Would have saved me a ton of $ over the past 5 years in shipping on my low/mid end stuff. Oh well

I've already made enough sales from my first shipment to cover the cost (sold 80 of 550) so I have to more batches being processed now. 300 low end inserts mostly, then 150 low end slabs. Taking a real shot on the BGS stuff, as there just isn't much on there now. Not too much of a gamble at $1 per so I'm not worried. Figure they'll all be listed at at least 15, so I don't need to move more than 20 or so to cover the submission cost

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I can find base cards all day long very cheap. But i also hoard a guy who hasnt played in about 3-4 years who only has one card. And this same card i buy all day long for $1-$5 on ebay and its $40 on COMC. yes i agree its great for the low end purchases. but it sucks for guys like harper who i collect. His prices are down from a not so great season and these sellers are still selling at two year ago hype prices.

Im glad the site works well for others but its too much of a pain in the ass for me. lol Maybe ill use my credit and try to send stuff in to sell.

If I didn't need the money, I wouldn't be dropping prices on my Harpers. The guy was a 20-year old All-Star with 20 HRs and a line of .274/.368/.486!!!

Look at the Top 3 similarity scores from baseball reference:

Similar Batters through 20
View Similar Player Links in Pop-up
Compare Stats to Similars

1. Tony Conigliaro (956)
  2. Ken Griffey (954)
  3. Mickey Mantle (954) *

Very curious on what card you're hoarding as well.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I wonder if COMC will continue the relationship with Beckett for getting cards graded? Has anyone tried using this service? I looked at it a little, but $12 seemed steep.

I just tried it on some bowman draft, and will advise. 12 bucks isn't a lot if the option is cashing out at a 20% discount.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA

I sold a bunch of Harper base chromes on COMC for 6.83 a pop this morning. I try to price my stuff fairly!

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013
I sold a bunch of Harper base chromes on COMC for 6.83 a pop this morning. I try to price my stuff fairly!

Agree. If you price fairly your stuff will sell. My first submission was very low-end stuff and I knew that. I priced it accordingly, and almost half has sold.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I just tried it on some bowman draft, and will advise. 12 bucks isn't a lot if the option is cashing out at a 20% discount.

Do they get sent to you or do they go back onto COMC?

Members online

Latest posts