Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Congrats to Brittany Viola for making the US Olympic diving team.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Yea this might belong in General Chat.... but she is the daughter of former Major League pitcher Frank Viola. Here she is at the age of 3....
NY-BS430_DIVER_DV_20120619205137.jpg

Good Luck Brittany.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
I watched the trials today.

I don't know a thing about diving though.

Just look for the splash. If you see a ton of water come up.... they didn't do something right. You want to see very little water come up after they make entry into the water.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I don't understand all the non baseball related stuff in this section...

Then don't read the threads or even comment in them then. :lol:

Um she is the Daughter of Fran Viola you know the former Major League pitcher :p
who played for the Minnesota Twins (1982–1989), New York Mets (1989–91), Boston Red Sox (1992–1994), Cincinnati Reds (1995) and Toronto Blue Jays (1996). A three-time All-Star, he was named World Series MVP with the Twins in 1987 and won the AL Cy Young Award in 1988.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Viola

Last edited:

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Then don't read the threads or even comment in them then. :lol:

Um she is the Daughter of Fran Viola you know the former Major League pitcher :p
who played for the Minnesota Twins (1982–1989), New York Mets (1989–91), Boston Red Sox (1992–1994), Cincinnati Reds (1995) and Toronto Blue Jays (1996). A three-time All-Star, he was named World Series MVP with the Twins in 1987 and won the AL Cy Young Award in 1988.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Viola

I understand the baseball link, but the OP seems to be posting as though Brittany Viola is going to be here reading it. My point was only that if he genuinely wants to wish her well, this just isn't the place to do it. About 0.03% of people here give a rats arse to see a topic wishing an Olympic diver good luck, and the percentage is even worse than .03 that she'll ever see this

And also.... just because her dad used to be a decent MLB pitcher back in the 80's doesn't mean this is a baseball topic, much less need to have a dedicated thread.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I understand the baseball link, but the OP seems to be posting as though Brittany Viola is going to be here reading it. My point was only that if he genuinely wants to wish her well, this just isn't the place to do it. About 0.03% of people here give a rats arse to see a topic wishing an Olympic diver good luck, and the percentage is even worse than .03 that she'll ever see this

And also.... just because her dad used to be a decent MLB pitcher back in the 80's doesn't mean this is a baseball topic, much less need to have a dedicated thread.

Her Dad being an ex-MLB player is exactly why it belongs in the Baseball Forum. If you don't like it like Pine Tar said, skip over it. It's not that hard.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
I agree. Posts should only be made if they are to be taken literally. I can't believe someone would make a congratulatory post to someone who clearly won't be here to see it.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Sorry that I made you open a thread that you could give a rats arse about. Better yet you replied twice to keep it on the first page. If you let it go it would eventually drop off and people would forget about it. Thanks

And no I didn't make it so she would read it.. although that would be quite hilarious if she did. Only 11 spots are available for the team... so getting one is a pretty nice accomplishment . If someone wants to move this to General Chat wouldn't bother me at all.

Now I feel bad.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Her Dad being an ex-MLB player is exactly why it belongs in the Baseball Forum. If you don't like it like Pine Tar said, skip over it. It's not that hard.

It is that hard, if everyone made threads about whatever they felt like talking about than this wouldn't be a baseball forum. It would be a "whatever the #^*+ you want to talk about" forum and people who come here for actual baseball and cards talk would stop coming because they'd get sick of skipping over all of these types of stupid pointless unrelated threads. If no one says anything then it emboldens someone else to start an non-baseball thread tomorrow about how his dog died, justifying that it's baseball related by explaining that he named the dog "Keith" because one time outside of Shea Stadium he got hit by ricochet of Keith Hernandez spit.

Last edited:

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
And no I didn't make it so she would read it.. although that would be quite hilarious if she did. Only 11 spots are available for the team... so getting one is a pretty nice accomplishment .

Your exact words were "good luck Brittany", who the heck are you talking to if you weren't expecting her to read this?

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
It is that hard, if everyone made threads about whatever they felt like talking about than this wouldn't be a baseball forum. It would be a "whatever the #^*+ you want to talk about" forum and people who come here for actual baseball and cards talk would stop coming because they'd get sick of skipping over all of these types of stupid pointless unrelated threads. If no one says anything then it emboldens someone else to start an non-baseball thread tomorrow about how his dog died, justifying that it's baseball related by explaining that he named the dog "Keith" because one time outside of Shea Stadium he got hit by ricochet of Keith Hernandez spit.

:lol:
Your going to start the dead dog named Keith thread tomorrow now aren't you.

ArtVandelay

Jul 6, 2010
Your exact words were "good luck Brittany", who the heck are you talking to if you weren't expecting her to read this?

Does your logic apply to the posts created for the Legend players getting sick or passing away? I dont think those players are going to be reading FCB either (definatley not in the latter case), so why should we wish prayers and good will their way if they arent personally reading? Might as well apply this to the "good luck so and so" threads FCBers make when prospects get called up or promoted. How many of them personally read them?

I dont see the harm in the OPs placement in the baseball thread. Many times these tidbits (that have relation to baseball) would get passed over by people that dont look in the general chat section.

Members online