Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Contest: Design FCB's RSS logo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A_Pharis

Ah, snaps.

rss_logoFCBSmall.png

A_Pharis

pigskincardboard said:
The whole "HEY THIS LOOKS LIKE PLASTIC" looks awesome, but is totes over-done. I'm glad this refrains from your typical, white to translucent layer mask.

"Hey this looks like plastic" is referred to as "web 2.0". Most people prefer the streamlined look of it as compared to ultra low-res items that tend to stick out like sore thumbs. That's not indicative of the way any entry looks, but a polished look goes a lot farther.

Edited to minimize tangent.

A_Pharis

pigskincardboard said:
Is that so? All those years of my life wasted! It's just the shiny widgets! That's web2.0! Wow!

Do you have any other internet idioms?

Wow, way to turn a contest thread into a pile of douchebaggery, guy. I was trying to explain something to you as web dev is part of my job.

Edited to minimize the tangent.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Edit: Apparently RFC's apply to stylistic approaches, not just protocols.

Edit: I think I'm cute I know I'm sexy I got the looks That drives the girls wild. I got the moves That really move them I send them chills Up and down their spine."

A_Pharis

pigskincardboard said:
...and I was simply trying to explain to you that talking down to me isn't appreciated. Layermask, Bevel, Dropshadow has nothing to do with web2.0 other than the fact it illicit an inherent mammalian response to shiny things. The people at Apple & Adobe have made a lot of money off it and will continue to do so, and it has very little to do with the interactivity of web 2.0.

It's a common look and being visually similar to a common theme helps keep styles flowing from site to site. This appeal is the same reason Windows 7 is mimicking many parts of Mac OS. I wasn't " talking down " to you. In fact, you're actually " talking down " multiple entrants in this thread. It's all fine and good for you to like any style you want, but please don't hate on something that's just in-style.
I've read your stuff, and I can't say I'm surprised at what you've done in this thread.
"illicit an inherent mammalian response to shiny things" ?
And I'M talking down?

Edit: This really shouldn't be here. Feel free to PM me as I won't garble this thread anymore.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
A_Pharis said:
pigskincardboard said:
"illicit an inherent mammalian response to shiny things" ?
And I'M talking down?

Edit: This really shouldn't be here. Feel free to PM me as I won't garble this thread anymore.

How else would you describe a chimpanzee trading a piece of tinfoil for a mango and some nookie. To me, that's an inherent mammlian response to shiny things.

My point is, an RSS logo must be easily recognizable as such, but that doesn't mean you have to take the same old approach. A lot of people love American Idol, does that mean it's the best thing on tv? I'm sure we could have a very long conversation regarding the semiotics of the interwebs, but I'll refrain.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Come on guys. Enough.

This is a contest thread, not a debate forum on shiny things and all that is holy in the RSS world. Give it a rest please.

If you want to create more entries, feel free.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
things like this really make me want to disable the edit button

If you want to talk a bunch of junk, at least be man enough to stand by it instead of editing it.

That way everyone can see the ****** baggery.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts