Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dec Night Crew- Decade Review!

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I was going to add a joke about him having a Mitch Haniger nut, but I didn't want to give spoilers to anyone who hasn't seen the movie yet. ;)

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Yankees may get Cy Young runner up Gerrit Cole, but Mets counter strongly with a real Cy Young and avid bathroom stall fly fisherman Fred2 Porcello3. Looks like we are heading to a Subway Series this year! :) Can someone with a KISS themed firetruck drive me to game 7?

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
So your boy landed on the Amazin' Mets. Good for them I guess. But this may put a damper on your relationship with Fred Fred. Now that he's in the NL your weekend rendezvous trysts will probably be a bit more infrequent. :lol:

Yankees may get Cy Young runner up Gerrit Cole, but Mets counter strongly with a real Cy Young and avid bathroom stall fly fisherman Fred2 Porcello3. Looks like we are heading to a Subway Series this year! :) Can someone with a KISS themed firetruck drive me to game 7?

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
So your boy landed on the Amazin' Mets. Good for them I guess. But this may put a damper on your relationship with Fred Fred. Now that he's in the NL your weekend rendezvous trysts will probably be a bit more infrequent. :lol:
Fred Fred and I need time apart anyways....its about time he is in the NL. I swear he was pitching underhanded to the DHs last season. :confused: Hopefully for him he gets lined up against the Marlins many times.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
..and by the sound of it F2 was ready to go to the NL as well, he turned down a 3 year offer and other mutliyear offers elsewhere.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Well, god bless him. I wish him well. But I have this feeling he's just going to be the latest of tail-end-of-prime-and-overpaid semi-stars who goes to the Mets to die.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Well, god bless him. I wish him well. But I have this feeling he's just going to be the latest of tail-end-of-prime-and-overpaid semi-stars who goes to the Mets to die.
My prediction is he does really well this year and the Mets give him a second deal....5 years, 130mil (or something along those lines) THEN he kills the Mets.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
You're probably right. But I'm still going with falling off a cliff next year. None of these type acquisitions play well for the Mets. Except maybe Carlos Beltran, so maybe that will have some effect.

I got new show stamped card today, 2002 Donruss Studio with the Chicago National stamp. Seller on COMC had it listed at 35, with minimum offer around 18. So I sent an 18 offer, received something like at 33 reply, which was odd. So I sent something like 24 back, and the reply went up to 34. WTF. Some sellers. Managed to get it over Thanksgiving for a slightly better price, but still....WTF with some of these guys. Also got another 2004 Exhibits Second Edition card in the mail today that I managed to snag at a nicer price. A 1990 Topps blank back too. Plus a Dave Parker Autograph - my first one. He was my other favorite player back in the day. Has Parkinson's now, which blows. He's a genuinely cool guy.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Who are some of the bigger names left? Josh Donaldson, Madison Bumgardener, Dallas Keuchel, Haduken, Marcell Ozuna, etcetc.

PS: Scott Boras will make more money than anyone else next year.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Breaking news:
Kluber sent to Texas for a bag of balls and a used pitching machine.
Bumgarner signs 5 year deal in the desert basically guaranteeing he finishes his career in obscurity.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Well, I got a new card tonight. Didn't really need to blow a C-note on this thing, but it might be one of the top 10 cards in my collection (once it arrives, that is). Even though it's a post-career card, it is just so damn cool. 2011 Topps Lineage 1992 Reprint Auto Canary Diamond /10.

s-l1600.jpg

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Yeah. There are 3 other Canary Diamond cards from 2011, two from the Topps base set and one from the Lineage base set, but those are 1/1. So this one /10 was actually attainable. Nice to have an example.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Yeah. There are 3 other Canary Diamond cards from 2011, two from the Topps base set and one from the Lineage base set, but those are 1/1. So this one /10 was actually attainable. Nice to have an example.
So I guess finding the 1/1 would be a canary in a coal mine. :cool:

Or sht, idk if I used that saying right. . . but good luck either way.

Members online

Latest posts