Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

December 2021 - New Arrivals Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Let's hope Dilferules is on vacation. Has not checked in for 10 days. That seems unusual....he is usually a daily contributor to this Monthly pick up thread.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Card Show pick ups from yesterday and mail today

I can't pass up Yadi or Pujols RCs for good prices. I basically got the Ichiro for free when I bought the Yadi so I'm not going to complain about it either.
2004 Topps Yadier Molina.jpg 2001 Topps Gallery Albert Pujols.jpg 2001 Bowman Ichiro Suzuki.jpg

The Jordan was an eBay grab (from COMC and I had it in less than a week) for the set. The McGriff is the Elite Jumbo /10,000, another set I'm not really building but might as well be since I add them when I see them for less than $5.
1994 Upper Deck Diamond Collection Michael Jordan.jpg 1993 Donruss Elite Jumbo Fred McGriff.jpg

I also picked these full sets up at the show though they're only semi-sports related.

1939 Churchmans Kings of Speed (50 cards) - This one includes an early card of Jesse Owen after his dominance of the 1936 Olympics, a card of aviation pioneer Howard Hughes, and a bunch of other motorcyclists, pilots, and other speed demons of the era.
#45 Jesse Owens.jpg #6 Howard Hughes.jpg 21-30.jpg

1934 Players Film Stars Series 1 (50 cards) - I love classic cinema and the art in these cards is incredible. Most of these actors are forgotten now but there are still tons of big names like Katharine Hepburn, Carole Lombard, Clark Gable, Gary Cooper, Joan Crawford, Bette Davis, Johnny Weissmuller (Tarzan), and others.

11-20.jpg 41-50.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Let's hope Dilferules is on vacation. Has not checked in for 10 days. That seems unusual....he is usually a daily contributor to this Monthly pick up thread.
Hope it's just the holidays. He's always around.

Indeed I was on vacation. But my buying has also slowed a little around the holidays in order to save some cash, and because I picked up a lot of cards from COMC during the Black Friday sale. Amazingly the economy shipping order went out in 12 days so it seems like their shipping delays are a thing of the past. I'll have another post later this week highlighting some of those pickups, but here's one eBay find that came in during my vacation:

122021.jpg
1998 Stadium Club First Day Issue Dave Magadan 199/200. All of the player and team collectors out there know this set is waaaaaay tougher than a /200 set should be. Got another one in my COMC order but still need 6 to finish off the team set, and two of those are Canseco and Henderson.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
40288FF4-572A-4FC3-B9A9-81699BDC1EE1.jpeg

Got the refractor cheaper than the base. Too bad I won’t get the Bichette RC for $1.30!

(It was more than that but after selling other cards, having a positive balance helped eliminate the cost)

Last edited:

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
DF1F4D0A-FFF9-41D8-A664-65C35AE76F9C.jpeg

Had the Thome already, got the Thomas in today as part of my HOF RC collection I’m starting.

Love the clarity of the CSG case, dislike the white space on the label. Unfortunately, adding sub grades is an extra fee, otherwise the label would actually fill out nicely.

Regardless, I will probably use CSG for grading in the future and will more than likely cross any other PSA/BGS slabs over to keep them consistent.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Since I don't think I will have anything incoming until Christmas anyways, I'll split the highlights of my COMC shipment over several days. Let's start with '90s goodies.

122221-1.jpg122221-2.jpg
I still didn't have a 1996 Diamond Kings McGwire, so I might as well buy the Nicest copy available.

122221-3.jpg
Some more McGwires. The 1996 Sportflix Artist's Proof and 1997 Donruss Silver Press Proof both complete team sets.

122221-4.jpg
The 1999 Giambi Super Rave 13/25 is my second from that set, I picked up an Eric Chavez earlier this year. The 1998 Row 1 Legacy 078/100 leaves 2 remaining A's in that set, they are a little tougher because I need to see a picture of the back before buying due to the prevalence of backdoored cards from that set. The Canseco 1998 Stadium Club One of a Kind 100/150 puts me one away from completing that team set, but the one I'm missing is Rickey Henderson. The Giambi 1996 Leaf Signature Gold Autograph completes all A's Bronze/Silver/Gold autos from that set.

122221-5.jpg
The 1997 Bowman Gold Autographs set is kind of like the grandfather to Bowman Chrome Gold Refractor autos, pretty tough to find. The Grieve 1996 Bowman's Best Atomic Refractor completes the team set. The Hinch 1998 Stadium Club First Day 087/200 gets me a little closer on that set. The Grieve 1999 Ovation Piece of History bat was super tough to find...still need the auto/25 version.

122221-6.jpg
Some tough Pacific parallels...I need to focus on whittling down some of my tougher Pacific parallel needs next year.

122221-7.jpg
1995 A's CHP was an 8-card set, not sure how it was distributed but it is obscenely tough to find. I had never seen any cards from this set aside from a Todd Van Poppel I lucked upon in a Yahoo auction (remember those?) nearly 20 years ago. Then all 8 cards from the set made their way onto COMC over the course of a few days a couple of months ago. I already had the Van Poppel so I picked up these six...the 8th card is Mark McGwire, which was priced around $100. More than I want to pay but probably a pretty fair price based on how difficult these are to find.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
I have quite a bit of 2020 Topps Chrome Black singles on the way; base, refractors, and a few autographs.

Only 100 cards in the set and I feel like I bought 300 🤣

It’s been a long time since a set like this gave me a reason to get back into collecting.

Members online