Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

December - New Arrivals Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Tim Wakefield is in Panini Flawless again this year, this is the first one I've got in hand. I like this set, kind of got some fancy design elements but still clean and crisp. I would have liked it to be a little more different from last year's design but oh well.
IMG_20201222_085457965~2.jpg

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Picked up a few things at a card show over the weekend.

Yadi Heritage RC.jpg
One Yadi RC that had eluded me for a while.

Ozzie Chrome Base.jpg Ozzie Chrrome Refractor.jpg Ozzie Mini Base.jpg Ozzie T206.jpg

Even as a Ginter set builder I don't have any interest in building the Chrome set. They're nice looking cards but I just don't think they fit with the rest of the Ginter sets. I did go ahead and grab the Ozzies though for my PC. I might chase the rainbow on this one or I might not. The T206 appeals to my love of prewar Vintage but not enough to work on the set. It's a perfect PC piece though. I doubt I'll be chasing a rainbow of the different backs but who knows. I haven't bought a lot of post career stuff lately, after deciding last year to limit the PC to career timeframe issues only, but these I liked enough to add for less than $10 for the 4.

DeJong 1st Bowman Auto.jpg DeJong Topps Chrome Rookie Auto.jpg Dejong 2018 Heritage Red Ink.jpg DeJong 2019 Heritage Red Ink.jpg DeJong 2020 Heritage Red Ink.jpg

I also picked up some Paul DeJong autos. Guess I need to add a 2020 Red Ink and keep the run going. Too bad he doesn't have a 2017 Heritage RC and Red Ink Auto. Have to say I much prefer his newer signature to his rookie era one.

I also picked up 40 or so 90s era inserts I needed for various sets but I'll spare you all the bandwidth of posting Heading for the Hall Eddie Murrays and 1994 Leaf Gold Rookies stars like Midre Cummings and Butch Huskey.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
That's funny with DeJong, You never see a guy's signature get better after his rookie year, usually it deteriorates pretty quickly when they are signing those thousands of rookie-year autos.

Last night's mail (mail carriers working long hours delivering all our crap):

122320.jpg
This one is from 2001 Heritage and matches up nicely with the Terrence Long I got from this set recently. They also made a couple of others that look almost exactly the same:

01tarchautoshantz.jpg11tlineageautoshantz.jpg
(2001 Archives and 2011 Lineage) The Heritage card is the most valuable but I think the Archives one is the best looking of the three with the classic Archives Autograph foil stamping. There is a 4th similar card that I do not own yet: 2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemption auto/60; though that one has a black border and Shantz signed them above his name instead of below so it looks off.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
That's funny with DeJong, You never see a guy's signature get better after his rookie year, usually it deteriorates pretty quickly when they are signing those thousands of rookie-year autos.

His auto is like his defense I guess. He was supposed to be an average or a little better 3B and now he's one of the best defensive shortstops in the game.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
One came in Tues and the other Weds both were Kris Kringle opens . Today wife and I are sharing a Chinese food meal as our gifts to each other. Both of us happy we lived thru 2020 so far. Our medical expenses have been nuts and with no OT at work we too tight so we limited total gifts to each other this year to $50 max.

The first gift was from @jpcz ( John-not sure what his FCB name is) and its appreciated considering I haven't added an Elite Brady all year. Adding two including an Aspirations for XMAS is outstanding :love:

The second gift technically is from wife. She gave me $50 fo r XMAS so I put a tank of gas in the car and used the balance left on the below. Burbank had it forever and it was the last Nomar in that series I needed. The fact it was #1/7 was gravy I was just hoping for no damages ( there was none). I used the 20% discount XMAS code plus her $$ cost me $22 delivered. Which ending the year quiet well considering I bought next to nothing and sold tons.

full

full

full

full

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Christmas presents from my wonderful wife (I send her links to a variety of cards I would like each year since that's what I really want for Christmas)

122520-1.jpg
Some '90s/early '00s goodies. '94 Collector's Choice Golds very often have corner dings so a 7 is good with me from that set. The Giambi is /50, love that set.

122520-2.jpg
This is an eyeful. Been wanting the Canseco/A-Rod/Bonds and Niekro/Hudson/Glavine cards for a while so it's great to have them. I like the Fleer Box Score Bat Rack and Jersey Rack cards so this one puts me a little closer to completing my needs there. The Tejada auto patch card is a beauty and the Blanton 1/1 button/laundry tag logoman/auto card is pretty neat. And the Maris jumbo swatch is amazing even if it's /199.

122520-3.jpg
122520-4.jpg
I'm, dreaming, of an Aqueous Christmas. My other cards from this set are 5's and 6's so it's nice to have some higher graded examples.

122520-5.jpg
Here's a couple of the big guns I was missing from my '88 Topps autographed set. So super happy to get a Puckett...still need his signed regular card from the set, though.

122520-6.jpg122520-7.jpg
The last big card I was missing for my T206 A's team set, aside from the Eddie Plank but let's not count that. Now I just have 9 "commons" to track down. This one WAS graded SGC 2, but during shipping or something it managed to get loose from the cardboard frame in the holder and was just floating around in there so I cracked it out immediately to make sure it wouldn't get damaged. I have several tobacco cards graded by SGC and that's the first time I've ever had that happen. At least I know it's a legit card, but I like the looks of these slabbed so I'll have to send it in to PSA at some point.

TD Cards

Nov 12, 2020
I've been collecting prospects and rookies since the 1980s! Although I enjoy collection Ng, it can be a lot of fun as well as a pain in the you know what. That being said I recommend mlb.com, prospects 1500 as great websites to quickly learn who the prospects are. I will post more sites later today or tomorrow depending on what's going on. My wife isn't feeling well right now.

Members online

Latest posts