Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dempster beans Arod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
Was 100% intentional. Probably should have been ejected. And the plot grows thicker...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
If I was starting in MLB right now against the Yankees, I would plunk him every AB, I just wouldn't make it look that intentional ;)

Id ESPECIALLY DO IT if it were in Yankee Stadium to just bathe in the boos (and cheers)

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
These announcers are being way to dramatic and are over-analyzing the beaning. He deserved it, and any more that come to him.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
...much more of a plunking or drilling then a beaning. Definitely has fired up the Yankees bats. Girardi sure went nuts, speculating more about the warning then Arod being hit. Wonder what the other Yankees players really thought of this situation?

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
A-Rod with a Home Run off Dempster.

If I were him I would have stopped running and just walked around the bases.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I wouldn't call it a beaning - it was below the shoulder and actually on his woman pads, IIRC.

What should have happened is actually BEANED Soriano - give him some fear or uncomfortableness that his tear will end.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
...and David Ortiz is an ambassador to the game of baseball.

Him and ManRam.

Look, you won't find many Yankee fans if any that want the ARod shennanigans, but all crap like this is doing is turning him into a sympathetic figure. Before this, the supposed leak about him leaking the names, etc, no one was on ARod's side, but now you'll find many more fans taking at least a middle ground that I would've thought.

He threw one behind him and then hit him. How Dempster and Farrell weren't ejected is amazing.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
I wouldn't call it a beaning - it was below the shoulder and actually on his woman pads, IIRC.

What should have happened is actually BEANED Soriano - give him some fear or uncomfortableness that his tear will end.

Qft.

Someone just needs to step up and plunk him real good like.

The Yankees not retaliating says something to me.. Unless arod said hey don't sweat it.. cc should have buried a burner in pedroia or Ortiz's ribs. I don't care what the player did you get his back!!!

I'm a Red Sox fan and I hate arod but it bothers me that dempster would take a belief before going for the win. He should be suspended and fined.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
Dempster wasn't taking a stand for all you gloating about A-Rod's plunking - he just wanted to start some nonsense up and it looked like it worked...for the Yankees.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Dempster wasn't taking a stand for all you gloating about A-Rod's plunking - he just wanted to start some nonsense up and it looked like it worked...for the Yankees.

Yeah, they did the Yanks a favor not ejecting him. Gave up 7 earned.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Yeah, they did the Yanks a favor not ejecting him. Gave up 7 earned.
No doubt A-Rod was going to get beaned in the series. I had a feeling it would be Dempster to be the one to do it because he gives us the worst chance of winning a game. He would have let up several runs even if he hadn't hit A-Rod.

I love how after the game Dempster denied that he intentionally threw at A-Rod, lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts