Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Did Ebay's shipping labels change sizes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Sean_C said:
You will definitely want to switch to Click and Ship then, as you pay a lot less for D/C.

I created the following a few months back to display the costs for what I refer to as "bullet-proof" shipping. Feel free to use it as a template, and tweak it however you want to try to cut costs:

=============================
Here is my breakdown of shipping costs:

case of 500 #000 mailers $42.90 $0.0858 per mailer
case of 1000 top loads $52.00 $0.0520 per holder
pack of 100 cardboard (2 per cardboard) $8.50 $0.0425 per cardboard envelope
case of 10000 penny sleeves $48.29 0.0048 per penny sleeve
case of 1000 labels (2 per label) $38.50 0.0193 per label
pack of 100 team set bags $2.00 0.0200 per bag

$0.224379 is the total cost for materials for shipping out 1 standard card. I'm ignoring costs of packing peanuts, as I reuse the ones I get from items shipped to me (big items from amazon, newegg, etc., not ones from bubble mailers). If you don't have any, a bag of them will probably cost you $4.00, and last you the rest of your life.

USPS Click and Ship postage

$1.58 for a 2 oz. package with Delivery Confirmation

Total costs to ship out one normal standard card with all new materials and in a general "bullet-proof" professional way : $1.81. It used to be a bit cheaper, but oh well. Too much for you? Cut out the labels and the cardboard and save about 5 cents.

ArtVandelay said:
mlbfan10 said:
I still can use 000 for large envolope ($0.88) but I don't try to use it to much because I can't get delivery conformation on it. I try to always use eBay/paypal shipping and use adhesive labels so I can just peel and stick!

PO gives me d/c on #000 but it is usually $2.19 total ($1.39 + $.80 d/c)

That is exactly what I do, with the exception of the extra cardboard, and I generally buy more labels at one time, lowering those costs a notch. This is the "cheapest" way to protect yourself by paypal's standards and provide the customer a safe delivery.

ArtVandelay said:
Sorta OT...

Is there a shipping thread somewhere on here? I got a redemption in the mail yesterday, and it got me to thinking...are bubble mailers really necessary for 1st class mail? Topps sends cards in top loader with semi rigid cardboard envelope. I was thinking of switching to coin envelopes (slightly smaller than #000 mailer) on singles - so they are less than 1/4" thick -which saves both the cost of the mailer and it goes for $.88 I believe instead of 1.39 In my conversations with the PO, he doesnt think they would be damaged in 1st class, so the bubble mailer is really useless. Can anyone give me an example of where a bubble mailer would "save" the card from damage? I am refering to mainly one or 2 cards each in top loaders.

BTW I dont ever team bag and stick in a bubble mailer. Cant tell you how many bad corners I get (even if they sandwich b/w 2 top loaders, a corner always seems to find its way out). Are people ok with hinge cases taped shut?

Thoughts?

Hinge cases are the worst way to send IMO. The card corners get damaged and the cards move around in the boxes. I hate when I get cards shipped that way. I'd rather have them sandwiched between two top loaders. The key is to place the cards that are sandwiched between the top loader in a team bag and tape the top, bottom, and both sides of the top loaders so that the cards sandwiched don't move.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
Agreed. Hinged plastic cases are a very poor way to ship. As David mentioned, either send the cards sandwiched between 2 top loaders, or better yet, buy some of the 130 ct. top loaders, and put multiple cards in them, then into a team bag. It's not the best way to go, but it's better than plastic boxes with hinges.

David Campos said:
ArtVandelay said:
Sorta OT...

Is there a shipping thread somewhere on here? I got a redemption in the mail yesterday, and it got me to thinking...are bubble mailers really necessary for 1st class mail? Topps sends cards in top loader with semi rigid cardboard envelope. I was thinking of switching to coin envelopes (slightly smaller than #000 mailer) on singles - so they are less than 1/4" thick -which saves both the cost of the mailer and it goes for $.88 I believe instead of 1.39 In my conversations with the PO, he doesnt think they would be damaged in 1st class, so the bubble mailer is really useless. Can anyone give me an example of where a bubble mailer would "save" the card from damage? I am refering to mainly one or 2 cards each in top loaders.

BTW I dont ever team bag and stick in a bubble mailer. Cant tell you how many bad corners I get (even if they sandwich b/w 2 top loaders, a corner always seems to find its way out). Are people ok with hinge cases taped shut?

Thoughts?

Hinge cases are the worst way to send IMO. The card corners get damaged and the cards move around in the boxes. I hate when I get cards shipped that way. I'd rather have them sandwiched between two top loaders. The key is to place the cards that are sandwiched between the top loader in a team bag and tape the top, bottom, and both sides of the top loaders so that the cards sandwiched don't move.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts