Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

% difference of 10 auto vs 9 auto on slabs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

here are some autos that graded a 9 , how , i do not know. They are clean.

022.jpg

chi4.jpg

se6-1.jpg

SOME ONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW THESE AUTO"S on the ultimate collection cards are not 10's???
se5.jpg

se7.jpg

AND TELL ME HOW THIS AUTO GOT A 10, AND THE OTHERS GOT 9's???

bb2.jpg

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
1st off....damn!

ok, back to topic. the ultimate collections all got a 9 auto because on all 3, the autos that are trapped, got cut off in certain areas hence the 9 autos

however, the 1st 2 cards, i am shaking my head...

dave

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
Dave,

I am going to stick to the card in question on this, since I know which one you are talking about, and not worry about all the other scenarios.

The 2008 BCDP AFLAC AUTOs in themselves are tough to find w/o smearing, bubbling, and fading. Therefore, even at a 9 grade, I really dont think you hurt yourself. There will be a price difference between a 10 and a 9 on the AUTO just because the 10 is VERY TOUGH!!!

I doubt you will be able to see much of a difference right now on them, as not many have been graded, but over time, that 10 AUTO of Porcello I would think would be worth a lot more than the 9. Heward is another example as well as Vitters where they are coming out bubbled and faded.

A close example I have of this is the Mickey Mantle 92 Score Franchise AUTOs they had where it was the same kind of pen used....a lot of the Mantles faded and bubbled and there is a pretty decent premium put on ones that grade out high on the AUTOs because of this. Bad example to compare a Mantle AUTO with a Porcello AUTO, but as for as the AUTO and the card, the concept is the same.

And by the way, the SPA McGwire AUTOs got 9's because there is a trace of some bubbling on the right hand side trail of the AUTO.....a 10 would be a crisp, bold auto, with no bubbling........though, it is very hard to tell.

jdfoxtrot79

Jan 2, 2009
Washington
200lbhockeyplayer said:
I've never once paid attention to an autograph grade on a BGS slab.

10 autographs can fade beyond recognition and stay in the slab with that worthless grade.

Autograph grades to me are completely trivial and worthless.

ditto

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
I've never once paid attention to an autograph grade on a BGS slab.

10 autographs can fade beyond recognition and stay in the slab with that worthless grade.

Autograph grades to me are completely trivial and worthless.

very Nice post.

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
I won't buy it if it has a 9 auto. No interest at all, and I feel it should be worth a lot less. If it's a card, like the AFLACs, which are known to be bad auto grades, I can settle for a 9, but never on say, a random chrome auto. Just my .02
zach

Members online

Latest posts