Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

DO NOT DEAL with kwitt399

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markotsay7

Feb 18, 2011
Some of you may have seen I had a lot of 390 multi-sport autos and relics up for $300. Many people here and on SCF messaged me about it and I was truthful in saying that it was split about half and half with major and minor brands and provided breakdown of numbers by sport. I told kwitt399 that $260 was my best price, she asked about $230 and I told her I'd do $250 dlvd. She asked to "meet in the middle" at $240 (not really the middle since my asking price was $300) but I don't want to spend the time piecing it all out so I obliged. Then she starts asking if it will ship priority and when it will go out, and about an hour later I hadn't answered her since I wasn't awake, she messaged me again saying "I'm not asking for much here, just a tracking number." I knew then I shouldn't deal with her but I told her I'd give her a tracking number as soon as I mailed it that morning. I stopped at the post office at 9:00 that morning en route to buying a new car to ship it, spent the extra 4 bucks on priority to make her happy, and sent her the DC#.

Yesterday she messages me saying she got the package and asking how to leave feedback. An hour later, she writes back and says she looked through them and she isn't happy and she wants a refund because there are a bunch of low end cards (what the hell do you think you're getting for 60 cents a piece?). I told her I was very forthright about what was in the lot, and that when she had asked about brands I said this to her:

I counted baseball and it's about half major brands and half Signature Rookies, Just, etc. I know those aren't as desirable (hence the low price) but a lot of those were major leaguers (Ruben Rivera, Brett Tomko, Adam Everett, guys like that) and not just no name players. I'd imagine the other sports are similar splits.

I told her that even though I upheld my end of the bargain I'd refund her the money minus the $14.80 it cost me to ship it priority like she wanted. She wrote back and said

If you do not refund me for my full $240. i Will just file a claim with paypal for item not as described. I will send it back as soon as you refund me.

Then, without giving me a chance to respond, she filed a claim in order to freeze the money in my account. In her claim she wrote that once I refunded her she'd mail it back to me, which of course I'm not going to do since then she can keep the cards and I have no recourse.

Spoke with PayPal Advantage customer support immediately and they told me under no circumstances will I have to refund before I get my items back, so now I have to go through the whole claim process with her.

In short...don't deal with kwitt399. I know she's on COMC and SCF as well...just watch out. This was a frustrating transaction before the dispute even came about. Not worth it.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
So did you send her all your Mark Kotsay autos. I would want a refund too. ;)
Thanks for the heads up. Hope things work out for you and she does not take out anything too.

markotsay7

Feb 18, 2011
lol I actually don't collect Mark Kotsay despite the user name...my Chris Coghlan collection is worth waaaaaaaaaay less than a Kotsay collection would be anyway ;)

Members online

Latest posts