Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do you leave the room

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
When one of your prospect you've invested in is at bat? I'm invested pretty heavy in Khris Davis, Grant Green and AJ *******. I know this is stupid but I feel like every time I watch them play they never do well and every time I don't watch them play they do great. I usually watch every Brewers game during the season, my wife has told me that I need to leave the room when Khris bats because I jinx him. Anyone else feel this way about their favorite ball player or investments?

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
When one of your prospect you've invested in is at bat? I'm invested pretty heavy in Khris Davis, Grant Green and AJ *******. I know this is stupid but I feel like every time I watch them play they never do well and every time I don't watch them play they do great. I usually watch every Brewers game during the season, my wife has told me that I need to leave the room when Khris bats because I jinx him. Anyone else feel this way about their favorite ball player or investments?

I've changed the channel many nights in the past 2 weeks watching the Rockies freefall out of the standings. So, not quite what you're doing but I get that sick feeling in my stomach and I have to look away.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I love watching my players play. But I can't watch more than 2 or 3 innings of my Phillies in the playoffs. I can barely watch at all if they're in the World Series. Luckily that's only happened every 10-25 years or so during my lifetime.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I have little superstitious idiosyncrasies in all sports I'm involved in. (I think this is actual evidence in life that sports are great!)

But, if you're invested in Khris Davis, you may want to stay in the room next time. As it can't get much worse. :)

RogerMarisCollector61

Jan 26, 2010
When Domonic Brown was in the middle of his hot streak I developed a ritual where I put my knee up against the couch arm and faced the opposite direction of the scree. I wasn't invested in him money wise though I just wanted him to succeed and I knew I held the power to his success in my knees.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
I have little superstitious idiosyncrasies in all sports I'm involved in. (I think this is actual evidence in life that sports are great!)

But, if you're invested in Khris Davis, you may want to stay in the room next time. As it can't get much worse. :)

He putting up a good fight for a starting job or tremendously increasing his trade value.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Collectors are prone to OCD; OCD sufferers are prone to ego-driven beliefs that they hold some power over events, both tangible and intangible. So what I'm saying is, yes.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
I've changed the channel many nights in the past 2 weeks watching the Rockies freefall out of the standings. So, not quite what you're doing but I get that sick feeling in my stomach and I have to look away.

At least you're not a Giants fan....talk about SICKENING

KnuckleballNation

Dec 2, 2012
Not completely on topic but I feel that whenever I watch a Cubs game, they will lose, then when I don't they get their wins*. Granted they've always sucked to some degree so losses are like candy to them but still can't help but feel if I didn't watch that game or this game they would have won.

*rare wins

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
I felt like a jinx for a couple of the Rangers playoff games against Tampa Bay. They seemed to lose when I attended the games. Went to 2 games versus Detroit and they won both so jinx was reversed.

I haven't been watching as much this last few weeks and they are playing much better.

Members online

Latest posts