Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do you save scans?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I have a pretty large collection of online images I have captured over the years. I wish I had taken the time to name the files when I pulled them, but sometimes aI was a click and drag fool and grabbed dozens and dozens at a time. I eventually want to go through them all, rename them as needed and have a reference library to use on short notice for online discussions and such.

I was going through some today and found a couple I grabbed simply because I thought these were pretty cool looking. I am thinking that either comes from trying to pull the scan before the scan is done or maybe just a glitch in the scanning sequence? Thank you for those sellers who were too lazy to go back and replace them with good clean images. Feel free to share if you have saved any interesting scans for future reference.

Attachments

• Jim Perry Funky 75T Scan.jpg
    Jim Perry Funky 75T Scan.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Mathewson weird scan.jpg
    Mathewson weird scan.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 29

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Haha, that second one is awesome. I do save scans sometimes, mostly those way overpriced (or just plain expensive) Robbie Alomar cards that I can't afford. Card **** basically.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I have not saved scans of other peoples cards that I have come across the years, but I have saved some of my own, more expensive cards that I once owned.

One thing that I have never understood is if you are trying to sell something online, why would you not put clear, good pictures of your item. It amazes me how many people do not. I am a believer that good scans will pay off in the end. People want to see exactly what they are getting, not some picture of you standing across the room taking a picture so you can't even tell who the player is, let alone the condition of the card.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
If you open the Google Drive link in my signature, I have a folder called “Not Mine”. It’s full of cards that are hard to find. Some have sold, and I kept track of prices that way. Some are eBay screenshots.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I had a collection of rare card pictures found in the wild, but left them on an old hard drive. Sadly didn't think to put them on disc or a drive, and cloud storage didn't really exist as such at the time. I liked the idea of curating a virtual card museum, though.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I've definitely saved some, and at one point in time had posts here building a few tough sets (like the 2001 SP Legendary Cuts, 1999 A Piece of History Auto set etc.)

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
I saved a about 25 or 30 scans of my collection of vintage cards using Flickr. It took me for ever to figure out how to use my first scanner. Here's a scan that I borrowed from another card forum.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I have a 3 TB hard drive that's dedicated just to scans of my collection and stuff I've sold. Most of the sold stuff is in a folder labeled Dont Look.

Members online