Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do you think fees will hurt collector revolution badly?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
rsmath said:
arod305 said:
As of March 1st I belive, credits are needed in order to sale. Unless you have a certain amount of items in your inventory then you get refunded. However, do you think we will see a big drop off in items listed

I don't think you can go much lower than they have. I put in "2009 set" and "2008 set" search terms and only got 4 hits. The site really stinks!

guess I will never be buying much there when there is no choice or listings for sets that I want to purchase already hand-collated.

Hand collated sets aren't a strong point of the site, I'll admit. We're working to get more stuff on the site and I can ask around to see if there's anybody who does sell that kind of stuff.

briguy0216

Aug 15, 2008
Just a thought but JVC have you thought of offering a referal program? Maybe if a new user signed up and said a member of CR invited him then the member who referred him would get something? like 10 credits or maybe 1% of the fees collected from the referred member. I think this would lead to at least a few more sign ups with a relative low overhead for you.

briguy0216

Aug 15, 2008
also, a booth at the national would greatly help to get the site out there. Maybe you could sponsor other forums as well, such as SCF etc.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
briguy0216 said:
also, a booth at the national would greatly help to get the site out there. Maybe you could sponsor other forums as well, such as SCF etc.

A referral program is a good idea. We have to think about how that would work but I'm sure we can get that done. We will have a booth at the National this year so be sure to stop by if you're going to be there. We do currently have an exchange going with SCF and I will be contacting them to see if we can get more exposure on the site.

briguy0216

Aug 15, 2008
JVC said:
briguy0216 said:

A referral program is a good idea. We have to think about how that would work but I'm sure we can get that done. We will have a booth at the National this year so be sure to stop by if you're going to be there. We do currently have an exchange going with SCF and I will be contacting them to see if we can get more exposure on the site.

ok sounds good. I was thinking of starting a site like yours but I just never had the time to do it. I'm glad someone took advantage of the opening. I had a few other marketing ideas for the site that I probably have written down somewhere. If I find them/think of any more I'll shoot you a pm/email.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
That's a pretty harsh statement. The site is quite new and the number of listings is on the rise. The lower fees and ease of use are very attractive features, and this should help the site continue to grow.

I don't think it's harsh at all. I checked it out about a couple months ago when I found out about it (either from FCB or a podcast) and there were about the same number of sets as when I checked it last night. So I've written off the "site is quite new and the number of listings is on the rise" part. Two months and no improvement is pretty sad when it comes to h/c sets.

The site should be called "singles-revolution" or "prospectors-revolution" because it certainly isn't collectorsrevolution since I"m a collector and the site is of almost-nil use to me.

If I'm in the market for a set, I'll still check, I just won't be surprised when there are 5-10 sets listed with none that I"m looking for and thus no competition/choice.

pujolsmvp2005

Nov 12, 2008
Unfortunately every site is not going to fullfill everyones needs but we have had an overwhelming amount of emails praising the site because it does fullfills their needs both from our sellers' and our buyers' standpoint. Hopefully in the near future, we can get some more of the items you are looking for onto our site to fullfill your needs.

Members online

Latest posts