Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dodgers and Aroldis Chapman Trade Hits a BIG Snag

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
This oughta be good. Seager and Urias probably not going anywhere, but I could see Pederson and De Leon in the picture.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Sources: #Dodgers making progress on Chapman deal with #Reds.

Last edited:

shadowking86

May 13, 2014
The Reds were asking for more than the Red Sox gave the Padres for Craig Kimbrel according to one rumor that I had read. So I imagine the package the Reds are getting from the Dodgers for Chapman is going to be fairly significant.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
I hope Puig is part of the package. The longer we hold on to him, the bigger the distraction and cancer he becomes. If Andy Van Slyke is to be believed, Kershaw wants him gone. When the face of your franchise wants someone gone, it needs to happen.

Last edited:

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Trade him while he has value. The Reds are smart to not trade him within their division though.

Fordman

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Pretty good trade since it helps both teams.

Any chance they turn him into a Starter? Another All-Star LHP either way...

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I want Puig in this deal. I'd go to see Puig often if I know my team is going to suck badly.

Tix to Reds games this year are going to be a tough sell, might as well bring Puig in a fill a few seats. Seats are going to be cheap cheap cheap this year unless they surprisingly do well out of the gate. Votto has to pick up where he left off. Frazier has to find his groove again. Bruce needs a pair of glasses, Hamilton needs to learn to hit anything so he can steal bases.

Fordman

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Tix to Reds games this year are going to be a tough sell, might as well bring Puig in a fill a few seats. Seats are going to be cheap cheap cheap this year unless they surprisingly do well out of the gate. Votto has to pick up where he left off. Frazier has to find his groove again. Bruce needs a pair of glasses, Hamilton needs to learn to hit anything so he can steal bases.

Fordman

I think they will unload guys in the next month or so. I could see two or three of the guys you mentioned being elsewhere by the end of the Winter Meetings.

I know Frazier leaving would cause a lot of fan uproar but it's something that probably needs to be done.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I think they will unload guys in the next month or so. I could see two or three of the guys you mentioned being elsewhere by the end of the Winter Meetings.

I know Frazier leaving would cause a lot of fan uproar but it's something that probably needs to be done.

I agree with the feeling if Frazier leaves, this town will probably have a Reds boycott. Frazier has Sean Casey status x10 with fans. I'd like to see Bruce remain in a reds uniform but I think he'll be traded away as well. New scenery does wonders for some players. You'd think with a HR hitters ball park like GABP, he'd be ripping the cover off the ball there. Hamilton needs to be unloaded as he's a good AAAA player and that's about it.

Fordman

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Here we go! Can't wait to find out who's headed to Cincy.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
BREAKING: #Dodgers agree to acquire Chapman from #Reds for two prospects. Deal is pending review of medical records, sources say.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
If this is true, Friedman made a brilliant move, and the Reds are morons.

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
Chapman deal is agreed to with dodgers. 2 prospects to reds. (not seager, urias or deleon). Pending medicals

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
If this is true, Friedman made a brilliant move, and the Reds are morons.

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
Chapman deal is agreed to with dodgers. 2 prospects to reds. (not seager, urias or deleon). Pending medicals

The only tool we had to close a game, now it's gone.

Reds Fire Sale has begun!

Fordman

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I don't think this is Joke-tty's deal.

I have almost zero confidence that the trade will be fair on our end. Chapman has to be doing backflips or forward rolls when he heard the news. LA seems like a great fit city wise for the big lefty.

zlpeterson

Sep 23, 2015
San Francisco
I don't think this is Joke-tty's deal.

I have almost zero confidence that the trade will be fair on our end. Chapman has to be doing backflips or forward rolls when he heard the news. LA seems like a great fit city wise for the big lefty.

Who's deal do you think this is? Jocketty is the one that announced after the WS he wanted to move Chapman before the Winter Meetings.

No Urias and no Seager. WTF man. WTF.

caster513

Jul 16, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
Red's have no need to pay a closer like Chapman when they won't be in contention for the next couple of years. Dodges get him for 1 year so they aren't going to give up their top prospects.

zlpeterson

Sep 23, 2015
San Francisco
Red's have no need to pay a closer like Chapman when they won't be in contention for the next couple of years. Dodges get him for 1 year so they aren't going to give up their top prospects.

So hold onto him until the trade deadline when a contender will overpay for him. I just really can't figure out what this front office is attempting to do the last few years.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Who's deal do you think this is? Jocketty is the one that announced after the WS he wanted to move Chapman before the Winter Meetings.

No Urias and no Seager. WTF man. WTF.

Dick Williams, the GM. I realize Jocketty is still in the front office but I really think this is Williams' first stamp on changing this team for the better.

Members online

Latest posts