Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does anybody still buy from Beckett Marketplace?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
I had only ever bought cards off of there once before, but a card was listed about a week ago that I've been looking for for a long time. Well I bought the card and paid $3.50 to ship the card and it came yesterday in a $0.66 stamped envelope. Is this common from there and is there any way to get some sort of refund? I know that it's only like $3, but it was only a $2 card that I bought and that makes it quite a big difference with small purchases like that.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
I'd say $3.50 for a PWE is more the rule than the exception from Beckett Marketplace sellers. I don't buy much there for exactly that reason. Shipping there is almost uniformly higher than eBay, and since Beckett apparently didn't even properly integrate their card database with the store, you get a wide variation in the way cards are named and listed.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
If they had a single card I needed of Albert Belle, yes.

I've acquired a lot of cards over the years from their site but mostly from Burbank.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I believe there's a way to contact Beckett customer service and they might try to resolve the issue between you and the seller. I have ordered from there 100's of times over the year's and only received a handful of PWEs. To the title question, yes I still do buy from there only much less frequently as my needs have diminished

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Ok thanks for the responses guys. I'll probably just let it be since it is only a couple dollars, but still sucks since I could technically use that to buy a different Span card that I need.

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013
I'll occasionally check there. I had a card never show up the last time I bought from there and had to do a chargeback. I wonder if I'm still welcome.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
There's a guy I buy a lot of Magic cards from. It's easier to find 15-20 cards this way that makes shipping less of a factor, and I often get to $50 for free shipping anyway. He ships well, usually bundling cards into the 130-pt top loaders or snap cases in a padded envelope.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
I have bought from Burbank a couple of times. He ships quickly and packages everything well. I always order a pretty big lot of cards though for one or more of my PC's.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I got a few, but mostly from Burbank. He may charge a little more, but its worth it for quality of service. Just buy a lot at a time so the shipping doesnt hurt as bad.

As far as your situation goes, Give customer service a call. Cant hurt.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
It's been a while... probably should drop by to see if I can find anything I need this time.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Hadn't bought anything in over a year there, but did buy 3 cards last week from Jim and Steve's. Usually only buy from Burbank or Jim and Steve's on that site, but occasionally from others - much less these days exactly because shipping charges on low dollar cards are not justifiable. I feel COMC has stolen Beckett Marketplace's place in the market.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
It's probably once a month or every other month I'll sit down and just go through the Marketplace and make sure there still aren't any Belle cards I need. The biggest mistake of theirs is you can't search by nearly listed!

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I bought from them on three separate occasions. A couple days passed and my payments were refunded and I was told the cards would not be shipped, without explanation, ALL THREE TIMES.

I will not buy from there ever again.

RAZOR-Z

Apr 3, 2012
The Motor City
It's probably once a month or every other month I'll sit down and just go through the Marketplace and make sure there still aren't any Belle cards I need. The biggest mistake of theirs is you can't search by nearly listed!

Could not agree more!

If they had cards I needed I would be all over them.

Last time I bought a card I needed was over 2 years ago - found an /25 from Burbank for $17 I needed - nice card to go out on.

Before that I had spent probably just south of $2000 over the years.

Latest posts