Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does anyone grade low end cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
I'm trying to figure out whether or not grading low end cards is worthwhile. By low end, I'm referring to ~$10 chrome autos or color parallel non autos. I ask because I have several Raimel Tapia autos I never found time to clean till around now. I don't think grading can be had for less than $11 or $12 per card at the very least [through BGS anyway]; what kind of profit is there really? It also takes a ton of time and effort to clean them and the cards seem like they would have to spike quite a bit to be worthwhile. I guess I'll work on creating some new listings instead, but just can't quite figure out why so many cheap autos get graded.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I grade base autos all the time, using either 20 or 45 day turnaround. Anything faster isn't worth it, unless it grades Pristine.

BGS is presently offering a $10/card; $1/auto special for September. I wouldn't be surprised if they offered a 45-day special in the coming months (which I will take full advantage of).

Last edited:

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
BGS just offered a 45 day deal last month but a 100 card sub was necessary [$7/card, $1 autos]. I was upset as I rushed to make the deadline for the previous month [fast or slow] where I did a 45 day order at $8/card and $2 autos. I don't think we've seen a vintage deal in a while. Also, I assume that when Bowman and BDP release, the deals aren't as enticing as they'll be getting a ton of orders during that time.

Calling and asking for the repeat customer promotion is also an option. I don't think the deal is any better than what is being offered this month and you have to deal w/ a rep. My understanding is that the reps are trained to be ********; can't say I've met one I've genuinely liked or heard good things about.

i'm just having trouble justifying paying $11/card then shipping plus other costs for the low end autos. i may just have to buy these graded to save time and money if the cards are available.

here's the latest email for the repeat special:

BGS Customer Service Special

For Repeat Customers with at least 50 cards
Upfront Pay $50….Receive $100 BGS Bonus Bucks
Expires 30 days after purchase
Must submit 50 cards minimum
Shipping: Price depends on # cards submitted and desired return method the customer chooses
Insurance $10/per $1000 value
$2 Autos
5usiness day service level - $19 per card
10 business day service level - $12 per card
20 business days service level - $10 per card
Offer expires without prior notice

Here’s a sample breakdown for 50 cards for 10 business days:
$50.00 SAVINGS on 10 Business Days
For Repeat Customer w/out Promotion
For Repeat Customer with July Promotion
10 Business Days
10 Business Days
Regular Submission
Price
Total
Regular Submission
Price
Total
50 Cards
$ 12.00
$ 600.00
50 Cards
$ 12.00
$ 600.00
Insurance
$ 10.00
$ 10.00
Insurance
$ 10.00
$ 10.00
Shipping
$ 22.00
$ 22.00
Shipping
$ 22.00
$ 22.00
Total
$ 632.00
Upfront Payment
$ 50.00
$ 50.00
Rebate
$ (100.00)
$ (100.00)
Total
$ 582.00

· Technically, you will ONLY pay a total of $ 582.00 with this offer. After you’ve paid $25 upfront, there’s a remaining balance of ONLY $ 557.00 which will be charged once order is received. Enjoy great savings with this promotion!
· Pay only $ 25 purchasing fee only to get the rates above. The autograph surcharge is only $ 2.00 and we’ll also give you $ 100 off upon receipt of the order.
For a hassle free submission, we will be providing you a submission form that has already being filled out with your information. We are also going to initially give you the calculation of the cards that you are about to submit. We will be sending you the form after you have been charged with the purchasing fee. The PDF will be sent through your email. Make sure that the file is printed and completely filled out with your card details before sending the cards in since it has all the details regarding promotion as well as your personal information.
XXXXXXX
Looking forward to do business with you again.

Have a good one!

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts