Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does anyone have any insight into the current state of the USPS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I mailed a birthday card from the PO last Tuesday.

The PO is at 133 W. 1st Ave.

It was sent to 527 W. 1st Ave in the same damn town.

Same with a MO in a regular envelope.

Both arrived there on Saturday.

Four damn blocks away.

The Postmaster said ALL incoming mail has to go thru the closest sorting station, which is 45 mins away. Even if it’s going down the street...

WTF?

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I mailed a birthday card from the PO last Tuesday.

The PO is at 133 W. 1st Ave.

It was sent to 527 W. 1st Ave in the same damn town.

Same with a MO in a regular envelope.

Both arrived there on Saturday.

Four damn blocks away.

The Postmaster said ALL incoming mail has to go thru the closest sorting station, which is 45 mins away. Even if it’s going down the street...

WTF?

Well, yeah, each individual post office doesn't have the time or equipment to sort through whatever incoming mail they get each day, and pull out whatever is being delivered out of that office.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Well, yeah, each individual post office doesn't have the time or equipment to sort through whatever incoming mail they get each day, and pull out whatever is being delivered out of that office.

Well, that’s not the way they used to handle it at all.

Heck, I even put it in the special slot marked for that town only...

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
A customer sent me a check for an order that lives two hours away. Postmarked Dec 19th and arrived today.

Benbabs

Oct 29, 2020
Received a letter from Florida that was postmarked dec 9th yesterday. No bueno, thanks trump, covid and holidays!!!!

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
GREENSBORO is a joke, I have a new home deliver driver THREE hours later than last one ---still got expired sales papers and one last week about voting in NOVEMBER .

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
GREENSBORO is a joke, I have a new home deliver driver THREE hours later than last one ---still got expired sales papers and one last week about voting in NOVEMBER .

I mailed a package to Charlotte NC that was sent on December 8th from Chicago, Illinois and the recipient just received it 2 days ago. That's pathetic.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
I get my prescriptions through the VA system. I had to change to picking them up at the hospital pharmacy in Boston. After one prescription sat in Atlanta for 3 weeks.
Things in the postal stream have gotten much better as of lately. We definitely had some areas that were affected much more than others, but overall the postal carriers do a fantastic job especially considering all the increased mail volume they saw this past year.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
30 days for a small mailer ---tracked --not ebay --Greensboro hub is a black hole
Greensboro has definitely had their share of issues, but we were assured by USPS that they were reallocating more resources to that facility to help dig them out. Time will tell, but I have confidence they will get it right.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Greensboro has definitely had their share of issues, but we were assured by USPS that they were reallocating more resources to that facility to help dig them out. Time will tell, but I have confidence they will get it right.
word was fired manager about Christmas time . local blue drop box will be over flowing - have seen back OPEN with second basket there . I do have a local PO in hardware store . I will take all inside to drop / process mailers . Go 15 miles away uses Charlotte hub two days faster

Benbabs

Oct 29, 2020
Received a vintage football in 3 days after purchase this last week. Illinois to upstate ny. Seems some mail is getting better while others are still stuck in holiday purgatory. Every time I drive by any post office in area lines are out the door.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I will say that for me, delivery has improved greatly in the past couple weeks. Almost all of my recent purchases have arrived within a week. I sent out 3 sold cards last Monday and the one I sent in a PWE with the new ebay cheapie shippie trackie service was delivered Saturday. The other two in puffy envelopes are out for delivery today. And I ordered a 100-count box of the preferred flat rigid envelopes that came in a good-sized box in 4 days, though that went UPS and not USPS. Obviously 10 packages out of a billion pieces of mail a day isn't any kind of barometer, but I'm pleased with the results.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Well, I don't sell much and have had great luck with my packages getting delivered but they got me.

I've had a $40 package stuck "waiting for delivery scan", whatever the hell that means, in Nashua NH since 2/17.

Sigh...

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
Just when I thought the PO had gotten better.

I was in an eBay break that was shipped on 4/3 from West Liberty IA, 339 miles away.

On 4/5 it was in Milan, IL 353 miles away. Eh

On 4/6 it was in Des Moines, IA 202 miles away. Getting closer!

Later on 4/6 it was in Edgerton, KS 59 miles away! Should be here tomorrow!

Later again on 4/6 it was in West Sacramento, CA! 1,779 miles away! WTF!!!

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
Just when I thought the PO had gotten better.

I was in an eBay break that was shipped on 4/3 from West Liberty IA, 339 miles away.

On 4/5 it was in Milan, IL 353 miles away. Eh

On 4/6 it was in Des Moines, IA 202 miles away. Getting closer!

Later on 4/6 it was in Edgerton, KS 59 miles away! Should be here tomorrow!

Later again on 4/6 it was in West Sacramento, CA! 1,779 miles away! WTF!!!

Same here. Columbus, OH is 2 hours away from me. Ordered something from Amazon and it came from a distribution center in Columbus. The next day, it was in Albany, NY. Day after that, Cleveland. After that, Michigan, then Toledo, then Pittsburgh. On the 7th day, it was finally in Toledo (again). Took 8 days for it to get to me.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
I won a card on Ebay Australia. The seller is saying it could be 3 months before I get it. All the Australian airlines were shut down and are slowly starting up flights. Oh well. I'll just wait.

Members online