Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does Gilmore's FCB store no longer sell sports cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Thanks for the response by all in charge of the boards. Wes, there is no doubt that the board going to the National is just not cost effective. I often wondered how you guys afforded it in the past but I was never going to be the one to ask. I posted this earlier in this thread and I believe this type of process or something like it would not only provide access to the National for those who cannot go but possibly get some exposure for FCB

"If I had to guess, at any given National convention there is anywhere from 5 to 10 FCB board members in attendance, if not a great deal more. So, I am sure a few of these members would be more than happy to take their cell phone and make some quality videos of the convention floor and post them on FCB. Heck, all one has to do is look on YouTube and see videos of conventions past to know that this can be done in a good quality way. Perhaps the admins of the board could set up some interviews with hobby contacts that they have and have these board members conduct the interviews and post them on FCB. I am sure that if the board pays for a ticket to get into the show, either a ne day pass or a full VIP pass, there will be more than enough board members who would love to do this for the rest of us who cannot make it. This way, those who cannot make the show get their fill of the National and the boards are only out less than $200 bucks (or even less) but they still get the coverage we all know and like. There are a million ways to be creative about this and none of them require the boards to purchase a booth or to pay a guest to sign autographs. I have attended every Chicago National (yes, every one of them) and a few others in between and would be more than happy to do this once Chicago comes around again. Like I said, let's get creative with these ideas."

Just a thought!

Members online

Latest posts