Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dollar store now has retail packs??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I didn't see it posted, so I was kinda surprised. I was in the dollar store (called Dollar Tree around here) yesterday and saw some packs of retail available.

They had those little cardboard "shutes" where the packs come out the bottom. Most of them were last years, but they did have a little of this years' products, notably Classics FT. I'm sure the odds are just as terrible as regular retail, but it'd be a good way to get some base or commons. And those type of holders make it a little harder to seach the packs.

Plus, anything that makes it easier for kids to collect is good for the hobby IMHO.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
I went to the dollar tree tonight to get some stuff for a family reunion tomorrow and saw the same thing. Was pretty excited for a moment, but I am thinking that they are strictly base.

Did have some decent brands, as the OP stated, but again, more than likely it is strictly base.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Around a year or so ago I noticed base Topps at a Dollar General store, but they were marked different than the packs you would find at a Wal-Mart or Target. I don't even think they had odds printed on the back.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
ffgameman said:
Around a year or so ago I noticed base Topps at a Dollar General store, but they were marked different than the packs you would find at a Wal-Mart or Target. I don't even think they had odds printed on the back.

Yeah, I remember getting some at a Dollar Tree a few years back. 06 Topps Football. Pretty sure it was all base veterans.

1995BBRefractorGuy

Dec 20, 2008
Pine Tar said:
1995BBRefractorGuy said:
would somebody just go buy some and tell us! :)
Your up :D

As much as I would love to swing by Dollar Tree and see what books they have and pick up a few packs of Junior Mints while I'm there, alas, I live in Canada and so far the comments haven't inspired me to do the 35 minute drive to NY state.

Back on you now!

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
1995BBRefractorGuy said:
Pine Tar said:
1995BBRefractorGuy said:
would somebody just go buy some and tell us! :)
Your up :D

As much as I would love to swing by Dollar Tree and see what books they have and pick up a few packs of Junior Mints while I'm there, alas, I live in Canada and so far the comments haven't inspired me to do the 35 minute drive to NY state.

Back on you now!
Ok tag I'm it. opps sorry heading to Iowa this morning and not stopping along the way (4 drive) so you need to go. :D

prozac4312

Aug 7, 2008
Akron, OH
My girl called me while she was at her daily (or at least seems like it) trip to the dollar store the other day and told me they had 08 UD First Edition, 08 UD X, and 09 Donruss Elite football...all retail, all for $1 a pack...she said there was some other baseball and football but I didn't ask her about them because I don't collect them...only reason she mentioned the Elite is because she thought it was baseball at first.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
We stopped at $ Tree here in Panama City, FL yesterday and my wife came out with some 2008 Upper Deck X, 2008 UD 1st Edition Update & 2009 Donruss Americana. She saw some UD football as well. All were a dollar a pack. She also mentioned that you can go to www.dollartree.com and buy the same items thay have in the stores in bulk.

1995BBRefractorGuy

Dec 20, 2008
69MetsFan said:
We stopped at $ Tree here in Panama City, FL yesterday and my wife came out with some 2008 Upper Deck X, 2008 UD 1st Edition Update & 2009 Donruss Americana. She saw some UD football as well. All were a dollar a pack. She also mentioned that you can go to http://www.dollartree.com and buy the same items thay have in the stores in bulk.

There isn't anything on the website...

Members online

Latest posts