Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Don’t be like this guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chippernate

I finally decided on an Acuña auto to grab for my PC, and settled on ‘20 Gypsy Queen. Great design, picture and the throwback jersey just adds to it. Get home to find a box in the mail, inside was a bunch of bubble wrap, and inside that was a silver pack
59CB0B9E-A49D-4945-8663-3B62D3C6F73E.jpeg
now I checked everything over and it all looks good, but how do you not even put a $150+ card in a soft sleeve. /rant

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
In his defense, Topps ships all cards in these sort of wrappers from their factory.:rolleyes:

I got a base card in PWE loose in a letter envelope with no sleeve, no toploader and no protection. I can't imagine someone shipping this sort of card the same way.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
I was once shipped 9 cards in a 9 pocket page. The page was slipped into a bubble mailer - nothing more. All the cards down the middle were obviously creased. So dumb.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
I received a card in trade a long time ago. It was in top loader. Wrapped in duct tape like a golf ball size amount of tape. I never got it opened.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I was once shipped 9 cards in a 9 pocket page. The page was slipped into a bubble mailer - nothing more. All the cards down the middle were obviously creased. So dumb.
Some people seem to think a bubble mailer creates an impenetrable force field.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
if the card arrived in great shape you can only leave a positive. Maybe ding him on that rating on shipping...
WHAT?!

You can leave whatever feedback you want. Just because something luckily survived a disaster due to poor shipping methods doesn't mean the seller gets/deserves positive feedback.

That is the whole point of leaving truthful feedback. Would you want your $150 card sent that way? I would not.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
WHAT?!

You can leave whatever feedback you want. Just because something luckily survived a disaster due to poor shipping methods doesn't mean the seller gets/deserves positive feedback.

That is the whole point of leaving truthful feedback. Would you want your $150 card sent that way? I would not.
The main point is that they sent a card that didn't get damaged. Yes it was sent bad but he got his card and in good shape. What do you do? smack a negative and say shipped bad even though the card looks great? Someone bought a card and they got the card to them unharmed so they did there part. Just because you don't like how someone ships doesn't mean you can just leave a neg. "yea I got my card and it loks great. so I left a meg. because I didn't like the way it was shipped" sorry that doesn't fly with me. Leave a positive because they did deliver but in comments say how it was shipped.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Your logic is flawed, but whatever. That is your choice to ignore the problem and just pretend nothing was wrong. True, the item was delivered in the condition it was sold, but only by sheer luck. Maybe the next buyer has the same luck, maybe his item gets mutilated. Wouldn't it have been nice to know that the guy takes no care in shipping fragile items?

The feedback system is there for just that, feedback. This could include anything from the item condition, how it was shipped, how the seller communicated with you during the transaction or a number of different things. Thousands of useless positives can skew an otherwise crappy seller into looking legit, but a few negatives will at least make people take notice perhaps. It's not the end of the world for any seller, look at some of the big consignment sellers who have 100s of negatives. Doesn't seem to hurt their business.

Also, I don't believe I said I would leave a negative in this case, but I might if it were me. I might leave a neutral instead, but either way it would be after I contacted the seller and let them know of my dissatisfaction and see how they reacted to it. If the person seems apologetic and acts like they might change, I would be less harsh. if they told me to pack sand, I would have no hesitation to leave negative feedback. Maybe the person fixes their issues if someone says something or maybe he just ignores it like so many ebayers who think their **** doesn't stink.

Members online

Latest posts