Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay listings with fire, INVEST, and the stocks rising emoji in the title.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BarryBonds762

Feb 9, 2021
Who else is annoyed by this? Seems like a lot of cards on eBay have these 3 points in them. I know it's the newer generation thats doing this but the older generation isn't fooled by this. Valuable cards speak for themselves. Thinking a card will sell for a higher price or thinking there will be pandemonium around a card with these points in the title is foolish. I just think it's unnecessary.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I've seen auctions for digital cards with PSA and BGS in the title. It's the influx of uneducated people into the hobby, with no idea on what do actually do with it. Sadly, it probably works for many of them, because dumb people really like shiny things and big bold words and emojis.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
You wouldn’t believe the listings I’ve seen with those symbols for regular, non-rare or special cards. Yet people buy them and pay the markup. I guess it pays to sell to the uneducated but I doubt I could do it.

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
You know what I hate? It's when I sift through 90s Alex Rodriguez cards with Yankees in the title description. He was clearly with the Mariners during that time as shown on the card. Or Shaq cards with Lakers in the description when he played for the Magic. Should I give these sellers a 1/5 rating for item description?

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
You know what I hate? It's when I sift through 90s Alex Rodriguez cards with Yankees in the title description. He was clearly with the Mariners during that time as shown on the card. Or Shaq cards with Lakers in the description when he played for the Magic. Should I give these sellers a 1/5 rating for item description?

That too. Or when I do a search for a player and I see a listing with a card that has nothing to do with said player but there are 500 keywords in the listing just so the post gets noticed.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Thanks for the input guys! I forgot to add the #1 Draft Pick too!
I hope it's better now!!

💥☄L👁👁K!🔥1992 TOPPS BRIEN TAYLOR RC🔥#1 DRAFT PICK!!👀 PSA BGS SGC YANKEES HOF GEM💎💎 INVEST💰💰📈=MANTLE, DIMAGGIO, NEXT RIVERA??? 1/1💵💵💵🚨🤑

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
Thanks for the input guys! I forgot to add the #1 Draft Pick too!
I hope it's better now!!

💥☄L👁👁K!🔥1992 TOPPS BRIEN TAYLOR RC🔥#1 DRAFT PICK!!👀 PSA BGS SGC YANKEES HOF GEM💎💎 INVEST💰💰📈=MANTLE, DIMAGGIO, NEXT RIVERA??? 1/1💵💵💵🚨🤑
Just make sure that in the description you add the link to his wiki page so when you search with description it comes up in every search for eternity.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Just make sure that in the description you add the link to his wiki page so when you search with description it comes up in every search for eternity.

And last but certainly not least I'll take a picture of the card in a nasty old scratched up plastic 4-screwdown holder or give it the old airplane scan where it looks like it's 3 miles away so no one will be able to see how bad the condition is.

Then I'll put returns not accepted and I think I'll be good to go!

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
What I do to avoid auctions with fire or invest type words in the auction title is to put -fire -invest in my search words. I collect sports cards of people with their first or last name Hogan in all sports. I hate hulk Hogan. So I put -hulk -wwe -wwf -wrestling. It works most of the time.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
These guys will do anything to make it an "Ebay 1/1" if the card is 171/999 it will be a 1/1 because the player struck out 171 times in middle school.

What I do to avoid auctions with fire or invest type words in the auction title is to put -fire -invest in my search words. I collect sports cards of people with their first or last name Hogan in all sports. I'm madly in love with Hulk Hogan and his beefy glutes. So I put -hulk -wwe -wwf -wrestling. It works most of the time.

I edited a few typos there. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts