Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

EBAY situation....opinions needed and welcomed......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

[email protected]

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
Here is the story. I bought the following card on Ebay. The picture was fuzzy and nothing bad was noted about the condition. I win the card, and when I receive it, there is a nice scuff on the front surface that was not disclosed. The seller asked me if I still wanted it to make him an offer. I paid 570. Would you just send it back for a full refund, or make an offer? If so, what amount would you come back at him with. The scuff looks much worse in person when you hold it at an angle.

File0100-1.jpg

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
It's probably a question of, how much do you like the patch... it is awesome indeed. I would offer him a ridiculously low number and see what happens from there. A patch like that is hard to pass up no matter the condition...

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
That's a card that you buy for the patch, not necessarily a mint copy. I would make offer as I'd hate to lose a great patch due to a scuff mark.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
holy crap, that's a gorgeous card....didn't realize dimaggio was on the patch checklist....

with that said, such a rare card that i would keep it and ask for a little partial refund (if he agrees) but not too much....knock off 70ish, maybe a little more?

in the end, if you are happy with it, you should do what it would take to keep it but if you could do without it, just ask for a refund.

dave

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Make a low ball offer and see what he comes back with. If you get it on the cheap, just put it in a penny sleeve with a price sticker over the scuff and enjoy your patch. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Thats a crazy patch. Give him a lowball offer. See what he comes back with and work from there.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Therion said:
Make a low ball offer and see what he comes back with. If you get it on the cheap, just put it in a penny sleeve with a price sticker over the scuff and enjoy your patch. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hah, we think alike.

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
in my opinion, send it back, or keep it at that price. i hate when people get a card and then try and get it in for cheaper. yes he should've mentioned the scuff, so send it back, or keep it at the price you got it for.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
thenextlevel said:
Here is the story. I bought the following card on Ebay. The picture was fuzzy and nothing bad was noted about the condition. I win the card, and when I receive it, there is a nice scuff on the front surface that was not disclosed. The seller asked me if I still wanted it to make him an offer. I paid 570. Would you just send it back for a full refund, or make an offer? If so, what amount would you come back at him with. The scuff looks much worse in person when you hold it at an angle.

So you were the one that outbid me!!!! Well that is what you get, LOL!!!!

I would email him and ask for a partial refund or come to some sort of an agreement on it. Since the card is only #d/9 and honestly is only the 2nd one I have ever seen (the other one was a just a plain 2-color patch) I would still take the card. THat is arguably probably one of Dimaggio's best LOGO patches....

TK

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
J.O. said:
in my opinion, send it back, or keep it at that price. i hate when people get a card and then try and get it in for cheaper. yes he should've mentioned the scuff, so send it back, or keep it at the price you got it for.

But had he known about the damage, maybe he would have still bought it, only for a cheaper price...

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
J.O. said:

But had he known about the damage, maybe he would have still bought it, only for a cheaper price...

i say send it back to the seller, he will most likely relist it, and then see what offers he gets for it. the buyer can certainly offer again, but maybe someone else would like to offer too, at possibly a higher price.

[email protected]

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
J.O. said:

First off, I am not trying to get it cheaper. I wanted to send it back, and the guy said if I want it, to make him an offer. He brought it up, so I figured I might consider it. I have enough disposable income to spend on cards, that I don't have to try and get it on the "cheap", but when it boils down to it, I never would have bid as high in the first place, had I known it was ****** up.

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
thenextlevel said:
J.O. said:

First off, I am not trying to get it cheaper. I wanted to send it back, and the guy said if I want it, to make him an offer. He brought it up, so I figured I might consider it. I have enough disposable income to spend on cards, that I don't have to try and get it on the "cheap", but when it boils down to it, I never would have bid as high in the first place, had I known it was fracked up.

that's fine, i just scanned your post. i don't like how others are saying "lowball" him, people on here get mad at that cardboardbeauties guy for doing it, but they're encouraging you. offer away then :)

[email protected]

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
pujolsthomefan33 said:
thenextlevel said:

So you were the one that outbid me!!!! Well that is what you get, LOL!!!!

I would email him and ask for a partial refund or come to some sort of an agreement on it. Since the card is only #d/9 and honestly is only the 2nd one I have ever seen (the other one was a just a plain 2-color patch) I would still take the card. THat is arguably probably one of Dimaggio's best LOGO patches....

TK

Yeah that was me :D ...I agree, I have only seen one of these before, and it may have been this same one. I thought it would go for much higher, but maybe people noticed the scuff.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
There is no way i'd give that card up. $570 is a nice price for it and if you can knock a little off, even better. If you send it back, it'll go for around the same. I don't think the scuff does anything to the value of a card like that as it's such a great card, great patch, super rare, and the fact that a lot of patch cards today are in rough condition coming out of the factory anyway.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
WOW you recieved that fast!! If the scuff bothers you that bad then I would say send it back if you are looking to get money back have him send you 70 of the 570.00 and I think that i fair. Good luck on whatever you do.

Members online

Latest posts