Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ebay sucks, buyers suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chisox3706

Aug 15, 2008
nw indiana/chicagoland
uniquebaseballcards said:
After a seller provides a tracking number, buyers should not be allowed to enter in a value for shipping time...ebay should be able to write a script that is able to tell when the package is ship and adjust the DSR feedback accordingly.

boomo said:
just checked my DSR's, all in the red the last 30 days.
shipping time at 4.8 when i never wait more than a day to ship.
stupid rant, just cannot believe this crap.
did just hit 10,000 feedback though.
I just dont see how someone leaves less than 5 for shipping time
when the package clearly shows the day it shipped.
wah wah, i know

i know its not a "perfect" system by any means, but kinda like naxcom/sportsbuy how as soon as the seller clicks on "item shipped" the clock stops ticking on his or her end to complete the deal.

i personally believe in sending out the same day payment is received (if at all possible) and if not it is for sure the next day. same with etopps transfers, that is usually within a few hours of payment. i dont know if people are just expecting too much as buyers or what especially since they know they cant get neg feedback ever again. i agree with OP on if you dont believe the seller on when it was sent just LOOK AT THE POSTAGE and leave appropriate DSR but clearly people cant read.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
thanks for all the positive input guys, and thanks huff for the compliment.
My postmaster has told me that if you print a label on x day, technically it needs to
be shipped that day, otherwise they have to re-stamp it. so people who print a label out on x day and ship
on y day are not compliant and should be told so. in 11 years on ebay, and especially since the DSR nonsense
started, i bet i have never not sent something out within 24 hours. how anyone could not recognize this
just sucks. I may change my strategy soon, and sell larger lots, fewer auctions, so i can email every buyer
and stroke them and make them happy.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
boomo said:
thanks for all the positive input guys, and thanks huff for the compliment.
My postmaster has told me that if you print a label on x day, technically it needs to
be shipped that day, otherwise they have to re-stamp it. so people who print a label out on x day and ship
on y day are not compliant and should be told so. in 11 years on ebay, and especially since the DSR nonsense
started, i bet i have never not sent something out within 24 hours. how anyone could not recognize this
just sucks. I may change my strategy soon, and sell larger lots, fewer auctions, so i can email every buyer
and stroke them and make them happy.

It is a very timely post, because today in the mail I got 2 Packages that had in stickers on them that read--PLEASE LEAVE 5 STAR FEEDBACK IF HAPPY W/TRANSACTION, lol. Even better, one was from blowoutcards, so it seems that the DSR's are affecting everyone. Sadly neither one was shipped all that quickly IMO, but I got the card, it was packaged well, and the shipping charges were in line, so I will leave the 5 stars as they did the best they could.

Ebay really needs to revamp this system as it stands right now, because honestly it is not a good one. I dont mind the DSR's, but either they need to accept 4 stars as good, or change it to more than a 30 day snapshot.

TK

Latest posts