Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ernie Banks 1999 A Piece of History 500 HR Club Bat Autograph - Where? - Nationals - Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jschl93994

Apr 30, 2011
Hello all. I've been looking for a long time to find a 1999 Ernie Banks APOH 500 HR Club Bat Auto /14. It is one of only a few cards I'm trying to acquire, the rest being from the same set, but with less importance. Does anyone know where one is?

If you see one, please let me know. Also if anyone wants to keep an eye out for me at the Nationals, for not only this card but others from the set, I'd greatly appreciate it! I'm looking to pay $3000 for the Banks at this time.

Thanks to all!
-Josh

Hello all. I've been looking for a long time to find a 1999 Ernie Banks APOH 500 HR Club Bat Auto /14. It is one of only a few cards I'm trying to acquire, the rest being from the same set, but with less importance. Does anyone know where one is?

If you see one, please let me know. Also if anyone wants to keep an eye out for me at the Nationals, for not only this card but others from the set, I'd greatly appreciate it! I'm looking to pay $3000 for the Banks at this time.

Thanks to all!
-Josh

go on more forums and spread the word. I know how difficult it is track down a APOH auto. I finally after a 4 year wait snagged my McGwire. That was back in 2006. Have not seen one since. I will keep an eye out. Def go post on more forums. good Luck!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I might be going to the National, so I'll keep an eye out for it if I do but would want to exchange phone #'s or something so I could text you when there if I see it. This is what I've done with other members who are on the look-out for me and Belle cards. I hope to go this year though, so hope to not have to have others with eyes on the ground for me :)

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
aaaah

must be a sick set if anyone has ever completed it

IIRC a Killebrew once went for $10,000. There are also some cut autos. I saved some scans from eBay over the years.

500HRmickeymantle.jpg

6df5_1.jpg

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
This is one of those things where money is no object. These cards have ALL got to be on PC lockdown

They probably turn up around once every couple of years (any card in the set). It's generally guys like Aaron who are /44 so they are a bit more common. And as you mention, the price is somewhat irrelevant because of the difficulty in finding them. I used to own one (I believe it was Frank Robinson, though somehow not positive at the moment). Really a sick set.

I would love to do just an in auto'd set... To rich for my blood.
Best of luck OP

i started one. Even the IP auto'd route is pricey. Easily 100-200 per card + auto fee. Here are a couple a did a few years back. Have not gotten one in a while as i said even this route is not cheap.

I got the Mac Done in 2003 as i Thought i would never own the real #/25 version.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
This set is just so clean and nice

That Mantle is awesome. Wonder what that went for.

Why does PSA have some horizontal cards go one way and some go the other? Man that would drive me nuts.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

jschl93994

Apr 30, 2011
IIRC a Killebrew once went for $10,000. There are also some cut autos. I saved some scans from eBay over the years.

500HRmickeymantle.jpg

6df5_1.jpg

Do you have any other scans? I have never seen a picture of an Ernie Banks. I was outbid on a Ken Griffey JR ~5 months ago @$3300. Finally acquired the Willie Mays a couple months ago... These cards show up ~2-5 per year on average over the past few years. The only players I remember having seen listed in that time are, Reggie Jackson, Hank Aaron, Willie Mays, Eddie Matthews, Ken Griffey Jr, Sammy Sosa, Frank Robinson, Rafael Palmeiro. Though we know about the Ted Williams that was auctioned at Fenway... I've never seen a Banks, McGwire, Mike Schmidt up for sale.

Thanks for the picture of the Mantle.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Do you have any other scans?
Don't own any of these but scans I've saved over the years. I've wanted to go for the set and used to own one but now it's just scans and I'm not sure I can justify going for them with the prices they now fetch. Epic, historic set though.

AaronAPOHBatAutoebay_zpsba9986df.jpg

SchmidtAPOHAutofront_zps589811ca.jpg

GriffeyAPOH500Auto.jpg

robinsonautofront.jpg

aa06_1.jpg

1999APOH500HRClubWillieMaysBatAuto.jpg
[/URL]

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
This set is just so clean and nice

That Mantle is awesome. Wonder what that went for.

Why does PSA have some horizontal cards go one way and some go the other? Man that would drive me nuts.

---

+1

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I've seen that Beckett article. Very cool!

As someone said before... These are buried in PC black holes for sure.

---

I've seen that Beckett article. Very cool!

As someone said before... These are buried in PC black holes for sure.

---

I know that's how it is for me. That is the 1 card i would keep if I could only keep 1 card. I had a FCB member PM me saying how he was short 1 card for the set (McGwire) . He said he could make a significant offer but i'll be buried with that card. Last one I seen for sale was 6 years ago and that was the 1 i bought through a deal off the computer.

Members online

Latest posts