Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ever have a PC card show up and you don't have any money??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Yep itis toughbecause all the young guys are getting traded and we haven't even given them a chance. Davidson is another guy that got traded in the offseason.

I've heard a couple people talking about Didi as if he may get traded to the Yankees to fill Jeters spot.

I like Blair as well I've got a lirtle stash of cards for him. Hopefully he'll stay in the organization.

That's why I stopped collecting the young guys a few years ago. As a team collector I have a lot of choices, so I choose to not buy any of the young guys until they've either been with the team a couple years or they have one really crazy good season and they've at least cemented themselves in the Diamondbacks history somehow. I will buy one or two of everyone, but after so many disasters with the Robby Hammock's and Trevor Bauer's and (looking like) Didi Gregorius's of the world, I just don't like investing a lot in people who might never make it (unless they're really cheap) or players who Kevin Towers is just going to trade right away. It really sucks to turn down those good cards of people like Bauer and Skaggs, because I definitely want them, but I just don't want to risk it. Luckily I have so many choices with 17 years of Diamondbacks to choose from, so it's not a problem.

But back on topic. Like Austin and some of the others have mentioned, I won't even look at eBay if I don't have any card funds. I really prefer to be ignorant rather than get upset at what I might have missed out on. I'll only look now when I know I can afford something.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
When you're not buying blow, a lot more discretionary cash is available.

Actually I pretty much quit drinking. Extra $3-500 in my pocket every few months is nice. Yeah, I drank a LOT.

Other than a 9.5 BC Pujols, most of the PC Cards in need are in the $2-$20 range

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I finally gave up buying boxes, have that much more green to spend on on PC stuff.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
This helps a lot. Sometimes I buy a box, hit nothing and then shame myself for not spending the money directly on PC items.

I haven't bought any boxes or blasters for over a year (for the first time in a long time), and am much better off because of it.That's not to say I don't have the itch to buy any.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
I buy a box once or twice a year, just enough to feed the urge. I usually get crap but was lucky enough to have a couple killer pulls.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I buy a box once or twice a year, just enough to feed the urge. I usually get crap but was lucky enough to have a couple killer pulls.

You only have the urge to buy boxes once or twice a year?Mad props to you then.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Haha, I wish I could bust boxes everyday. Maybe when I become a millionaire.

Certainly not every day, but it sure is tempting to buy a box or so a month.Need to stop getting the Blowout and Atlanta ads.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
'Tis the season for lawn cutting. You can cut three lawns a week and make about $250 doing it. Spend 1/2 on cards and put 1/2 in the bank to save towards a car....not bad!

Yep that's the one. I know it might not seem like alot for other people, but as a 15 year old without a job it is really hard to make money unless l find an odd job.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I get the urge to rip wax about three times a year but getting smushed kills that urge. Singles only please!

But I've got 4 kids, and PSN now takes PayPal, so I never have any money...:lol:

dbacksfan4life

Aug 21, 2013
Arizona
'Tis the season for lawn cutting. You can cut three lawns a week and make about $250 doing it. Spend 1/2 on cards and put 1/2 in the bank to save towards a car....not bad!

Where is that? People that pay well here is $15-20 sometimes $25if it is really hot out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts