Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

F/S Incredibly Rare 1998 Topps Sportzcubz Complete Set all BGS graded

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frankhardy

Sep 11, 2014
It's been a while since I have posted here. I am a member at a few other forums.

I am copying the description from my Ebay listing. Asking $9300. Will consider offers.

This listing is for a 1998 Topps Sportzcubz Complete Set. This offering is one of the most unique sets you will ever see in our hobby. If you are lucky you might find one or two individual cards from this set listed on Ebay in a given year. Many times you will not find a single card available. This is quite possibly the only complete set in existence. BGS population report shows each one of these cards as the only ones graded (1 of 1), with the exception of Derek Jeter. Currently, there are no cards graded by PSA or SGC. The 2007 SCD Catalog states that there is no pricing available due to scarcity.

I acquired these a few years ago in 2016 directly from the family of a former Topps employee of over 3 decades who had recently deceased. This employee was heavily involved in the process of many Topps issues, including being the creator of Topps Stadium Club. He edited over 15 million Topps trading card photos and was a "Topps Insider" for many years. This former Topps employee is on record as saying that he believed that there were no more than 5 of each card in existence. I was able to acquire every Sportzcubz card in the family's possession in 2016. I was also able to track down another small group that he had let go a few years prior and was able to purchase them as well. If you see any individual Sportzcubz for sale, it almost assuredly came from me, with a possible exception or two. I am now ready to make this complete set available to the public because I need to replace funds due to a truck accident that I had recently. That is the only reason I am letting these go. I had planned on keeping this set for many years.

This star studded set has 25 cards. The following is a list of the cards with their individual grade.

1 Roberto Alomar BGS 9

2 Dante Bichette BGS 9

3 Barry Bonds BGS 9

4 Roger Clemens BGS 9.5

5 Juan Gonzalez BGS 8.5

6 Mark Grace BGS 9

7 Vladimir Guerrero BGS 9

8 Tony Gwynn BGS 9.5

9 Derek Jeter BGS 9.5

10 David Justice BGS 9

11 Chuck Knoblauch BGS 9.5

12 Barry Larkin BGS 9.5

13 Greg Maddux BGS 9

14 Paul O'Neill BGS 9

15 Mike Piazza BGS 9

16 Mo Vaughn BGS 9

17 Bernie Williams BGS 9.5

18 Albert Belle BGS 9

19 Ken Griffey, Jr BGS 9

20 Livan Hernandez BGS 9

21 Hideki Irabu BGS 9

22 Mark McGwire BGS 9

23 Raul Mondesi BGS 9.5

24 Andy Pettitte BGS 9.5

25 Tony Clark BGS 8.5

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
You posted on Collectors Universe in 2016 where you sold all the cards one by one. Now your selling the complete set graded. I'm just wondering if you had more than one set ?

frankhardy

Sep 11, 2014
You posted on Collectors Universe in 2016 where you sold all the cards one by one. Now your selling the complete set graded. I'm just wondering if you had more than one set ?

I did. If memory serves correctly, including this graded one I had 2 complete sets and another near set plus a few extras.

Members online

Latest posts