Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fake Pujols Triple Threads Autos - From CU Boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
gregbara said:
Someone one is getting a cheap auto sticker, wiping off the auto, forging the Pujols, and then removing the real one, and applying the fake one.

Why? If you can tell me why, I might think this is happening. But there is ZERO reason to pull one Pujols sticker from one card and replace it on another, thereby getting a "fake" Pujols card with a real auto and having a real Pujols card with a "fake" auto.

That's insane, and it's NOT happening that way.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
hive17 said:
gregbara said:
Someone one is getting a cheap auto sticker, wiping off the auto, forging the Pujols, and then removing the real one, and applying the fake one.

Why? If you can tell me why, I might think this is happening. But there is ZERO reason to pull one Pujols sticker from one card and replace it on another, thereby getting a "fake" Pujols card with a real auto and having a real Pujols card with a "fake" auto.

The other thing that NOT ONE person in that thread is even taking into consideration is the fact
that this moron contends that people are removing and replacing an EMBEDDED sticker, without damaging the card ::facepalm::

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
chashawk said:
hive17 said:
gregbara said:

The other thing that NOT ONE person in that thread is even taking into consideration is the fact
that this moron contends that people are removing and replacing an EMBEDDED sticker, without damaging the card ::facepalm::

Another excellent point.

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
Sly said:
Why has no one bothered to stop and think...maybe Pujols just isn't consistant with his signature, especially if he's sitting down and signing hundreds or thousands at one time?

I mean really, sit down and sign your name that many times and see if it is always consistant. I know mine's not. Hell, the "J" in my first name is different occassionally, it's just how it works.

Now I'm not saying these are fake or legit, cause I am far from a Pujols auto expert, but to suggest that all these fakes are coming from Topps is opening a HUGE can of worms, when in reality, it could just be that he's inconsistant with his auto.

Thats what I was thinking as well. Me and my wife just closed on our condo and I swear, I probably signed 15 different documents and I dont think my sig came out the same once. The only one that was the same as the sig I sign on cheques and most other documnets was my first one. After that it was just scribble!

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Wow, can StanTheMan be a bigger waste of space?? I mean, I'm all for someone helping out with the hobby and keeping us informed of possible fraudulent activity, but this guy is a self absorbed Kanye West wannabe and trying to find something that's simply not there. I think I read about 10 of his posts in that other forum and I couldn't take it anymore. I'm glad I collect a guy noone cares about forging so none of this nonsense even applies.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
clarkfan said:
Wow, can StanTheMan be a bigger waste of space?? I mean, I'm all for someone helping out with the hobby and keeping us informed of possible fraudulent activity, but this guy is a self absorbed

YOU KNOW, THAT'S A GOOD POINT AND IMMA LET YOU FINISH, BUT I THINK WE ALL KNOW THAT STANTHEMANMUSIAL IS REALLY THE ONE WHO IS RIGHT IN ALL OF THIS

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
JzWand said:
Sly said:
Why has no one bothered to stop and think...maybe Pujols just isn't consistant with his signature, especially if he's sitting down and signing hundreds or thousands at one time?

I mean really, sit down and sign your name that many times and see if it is always consistant. I know mine's not. Hell, the "J" in my first name is different occassionally, it's just how it works.

Now I'm not saying these are fake or legit, cause I am far from a Pujols auto expert, but to suggest that all these fakes are coming from Topps is opening a HUGE can of worms, when in reality, it could just be that he's inconsistant with his auto.

Thats what I was thinking as well. Me and my wife just closed on our condo and I swear, I probably signed 15 different documents and I dont think my sig came out the same once. The only one that was the same as the sig I sign on cheques and most other documnets was my first one. After that it was just scribble!

They will not look exactly the same on every document, but there are almost always identical characteristics. My signature isn't always perfect but there are always a few things that are the same

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
mredsox89 said:
JzWand said:
Sly said:

They will not look exactly the same on every document, but there are almost always identical characteristics. My signature isn't always perfect but there are always a few things that are the same

If I'm not mistaken though, didn't the early Pujols autos have more of a "pointed" "A" in Albert, while his recent is more arced at the top??

It could be a case of earlier/older autos vs. newer ones.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
cgilmo said:
that guy is far from an expert

the sigs may be fakes, but that guy isn't an expert
Stanthemanmusial is a tool. And this is putting it mildly. He is a hypocrite and a Psycho.
and like Chris said he is no expert. He has posted this same post on other site he is on, or where
he thinks he is god on.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Pine Tar said:
cgilmo said:
that guy is far from an expert

the sigs may be fakes, but that guy isn't an expert
Stanthemanmusial is a tool. And this is putting it mildly. He is a hypocrite and a Psycho.
and like Chris said he is no expert. He has posted this same post on other site he is on, or where
he thinks he is god on.

I saw the thread on that site you are talking about.

It's funny how no one over there called him an idiot.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
Complete tool. ::facepalm::
It looks like tntnorthnj is also part of this massive conspiracy as he has listed a Pujols TTT auto. A double ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: goes to those that back him up by asking people to prove that STMM is wrong. Sure he could be right.....Sh'yeah, and monkeys might fly out of my butt

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
Shout-out!

Looks like one of them didn't pass PSA/DNA quick opinion.

StanTheManMusial on Collectors Universe said:
I also hope my haters on the FCB message boards will stop insulting me, spreading lies, and admit they were wrong. Gilmo, leathtech, pinetar, justinmandawg, ect.. You all have a lot of egg on your faces.

1995BBRefractorGuy

Dec 20, 2008
not only did it not pass but it failed, they can say 'unable to determine', 'likely genuine' or 'likely not genuine', this could be ground shaking news throughout the hobby... some of you guys were a little over the top on the guy.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
Jeff D said:
Shout-out!

Looks like one of them didn't pass PSA/DNA quick opinion.

[quote="StanTheManMusial on Collectors Universe":57g5n12r]I also hope my haters on the FCB message boards will stop insulting me, spreading lies, and admit they were wrong. Gilmo, leathtech, pinetar, justinmandawg, ect.. You all have a lot of egg on your faces.
[/quote:57g5n12r]

Stan,

Don't feel bad for being a sociopath. Who was spreading lies besides yourself? One online quick opinion isn't going to change my opinion. Alas you are an "expert" though. Of course you can't respond to anything on this board. Keep on lurking.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
1995BBRefractorGuy said:
not only did it not pass but it failed, they can say 'unable to determine', 'likely genuine' or 'likely not genuine', this could be ground shaking news throughout the hobby... some of you guys were a little over the top on the guy.

I don't know if anyone is over the top, there are two issues here.

1. The autos not being authentic

2. Someone REPLACING the autos on the cards with fakes (which is what Stantheman was suggesting).

It's fine that he's correct that some could be fake, but to insinuate that there is a huge conspiracy out there where these cards being pulled ALL OVER THE COUNTRY and having their autos replaced by MULTIPLE sellers is ridiculous.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
cgilmo said:
him being a complete ****** bag has nothing to do with these autographs

if these people are doing what he suggests, then they are the dumbest scammers ever

If I am understanding this correctly, they are removing the real Pujols from these 3x auto cards, then taking a scrub sticker and wiping it clean, faking a Pujols auto and finally putting the fake sticker back on the 3x auto card. Is this correct? Thus leaving them with a card that is going to still sell well to the unwittingly, as well as a real Pujols sticker auto to do with what they choose to...

Granted, to fake something and scam the buying public is a d-bag thing to do, but what exactly constitutes it as "the dumbest scammers ever"? Sounds like a win/win for the scammer really. I have without doubt seen dumber scams/fakes out there!