Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fanatics to take over MLB trading card license?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Fanatics will turn the hobby into a primarily YouTube and TikTok based experience, where you don't have to know a single thing about the product you open, but the hits sure will be nice and shiny, for maximum likes.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Wonder what will become of Topps Bunt...a few things to ponder:
- How will losing the license impact the digital cards that were created under the existing license?
- Will people be able to keep logoed cards in their accounts or will Topps have to create new, logo-less versions replace in people's collections?
- I think Bunt will fold. If so, I'd kinda feel bad for those people who spent tons of money on there...but I also kinda don't. :p

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
Wonder what will become of Topps Bunt...a few things to ponder:
- How will losing the license impact the digital cards that were created under the existing license?
- Will people be able to keep logoed cards in their accounts or will Topps have to create new, logo-less versions replace in people's collections?
- I think Bunt will fold. If so, I'd kinda feel bad for those people who spent tons of money on there...but I also kinda don't. :p
I doubt they’ll have to make drastic changes to past issues on Bunt BUT that’s a good question regarding the future of it.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos

Kinda like Knockout, then Huddle, and now the Walking Dead one? And what do people have to show for it….diddly and squat…that’s why the only thing I’ve ever spent on those apps is time

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Topps will still have it's licenses to produce non-sports cards and their candy products.

A bright side I’ve seen of this (if there is one) is if Topps isn’t sold to Fanatics then they’ll be forced to focus their attention to their other non-baseball products such as WWE, which would be great news for me. There would be more WWE products put out per year, and it would probably be a whole lot better than it has been in the past because Topps would really need it to do well.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online