Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Tournament 5 - Wood Cards - We Have a Winner!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Glad I could help Tanner, that particular set is a passion of mine. I was even lucky enough to get backdoored copies of the non-winner exchange cards to complete my sets.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Glad I could help Tanner, that particular set is a passion of mine. I was even lucky enough to get backdoored copies of the non-winner exchange cards to complete my sets.

Seriously made my day/week/month :) What is a backdoored non-winner exchange? I'm curious about this!

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
So, not all players hit home runs on their dates, so they weren't available for exchange. Some years later, a printing employee sold off a couple of complete silver and gold exchange sets, including those whom failed to homer.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
So, not all players hit home runs on their dates, so they weren't available for exchange. Some years later, a printing employee sold off a couple of complete silver and gold exchange sets, including those whom failed to homer.

Oh that is cool. I love that kind of stuff.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Congrats to BOB and Frank!

attachment.php

Personally, I am a fan of wood cards. I know the printing sometimes does not look as nice, but they give a different look and feel that I like. While it was not in this tourney, I particularly loved Tanner's Canseco wood card made from a GU bat.

Thanks everyone for submitting and voting.

I'll see what we can do next.

Attachments

• Bracket jpg.jpg
    Bracket jpg.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 42

mouschi

May 18, 2012
I call shenanigans! How could Jose have lost?! Kidding :) congratulations BoB! The card you chose to enter is awesome and just one of several in your collection that could have taken the whole thing.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I'm just lucky there are so many '90s traditionalists amoungst the crowd. There are some serious dollars in cards posted up there on the ladder, and some mega-rarity.

I honestly love your Canseco Tanner, and would love to have a Thomas like that in my collection...some classic wood with a beautiful signature atop. Thanks for letting me participate, I'm looking forward to the next ladder.

Members online

Latest posts