Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

February 2024 Arrivals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
Bunch of stuff late, all arrived at once.

The Limited Threads grows the jersey # group, 22/100. Admittedly this card is an example where Jersey # is NOT a 1/1, its 1/3 because the dual jersey picture means 12, 21 and 22 are in play. But still, its 1/3, so cool.

Throwback Threads Green /25.

1999 Ionix Techno /100.

1999 Crowne Royal Premiere Date /72

And a Panini Texas relic.

Attachments

• 20240215_145913.jpg
    20240215_145913.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20240215_145956.jpg
    20240215_145956.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240215_145933.jpg
    20240215_145933.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Lynn /25 Archives. Not buying nearly as many of these this year. More competition & worse line up to buy are two main reasons.

This one comes with a crazy story that unfolded just today. Read on if you care, otherwise just skip down to the photo. I'll tell it as I wait to hear back from the seller...Bought the card about a week ago. Everything else around the same time had already arrived and I checked tracking. A tracking number was there, but no movement. i messaged the seller yesterday and asked if the card had actually been shipped or if this was just one of these deals where the label was created, but not used yet. He replied today that the card had been sent.

A number of messages were exchanged earlier today as i was settling in to work, starting with him apologizing and saying he posted the wrong tracking number. He gave me a new tracking number, which he said showed the card had been delivered Tuesday. I checked the number and it had been delivered Tuesday.....Tuesday, DECEMBER 12, 2023! Oddly enough, it was to the same town I live in. i wondered if I bought from him before or if he coincidentally had another tracking number to my home town. Somewhere in the exchanges, he also apologized for/blamed the USPS for me not being happy about the order (since in his eyes, it had been delivered to me).

I finally snapped and let him have it. He wasn't showing me any actual proof of shipment. He appeared to be sidestepping the actual information I wanted. He did offer a refund, which I thought was convenient given the circumstances. I told him that from my perspective, it looked like he either was not happy with the price ($14.50) and was keeping the card or he sold it to someone else. I didn't want an apology, a refund or anything else. i wanted the card and asked for a legit tracking number. Then there was silence.

I sent another message about 2 hours later, saying the silence was all i needed to know. I then reluctantly said I would accept a refund, which he did give me sometime later that morning/early afternoon. He had not replied to me after the message I sent telling him what I thought was going on, even though I did mention that an honest seller would take real offense to what I was saying and want to prove themselves clean and a dishonest one would go silent.

Now, at this point you at least have to consider that I have had a ridiculously high percentage of cards being shipped to the wrong person, not being shipped at all or are mis-described. Everyone has an excuse, every time and they sound innocent enough but most of the time, I get the short end. Just within the last month, the Garvey /10 I bought was sent to the buyer of the same card /25 he bought. Apparently that stellar buyer decided to keep the /10 according to the seller. that guy did let me keep the /25 and gave me a refund, so kudos to him on that one. He got the raw end of that deal for sure. This felt like yet another one of these situations developing and i am frankly just tired of dealing with them.

I went to get the mail and opened the first package and inside was the Lynn! Now I felt like a complete ass and probably look like one here as well. However, I checked ebay and the card did not show any change in tracking. WTH? Turns out, it had a completely different tracking number than the one he posted and the one he gave me later! it certainly explains the disconnect between us. I was seeing nothing. he was thinking it had delivered and there is a 3rd tracking number, unknown to me, being delivered to me this very same day.

I reached back out, apologized and offered to re-pay for the card. I am awaiting his reply now. I don't expect the card for free and although it never looked good for him from my perspective, I still felt bad that I accused him of pulling some crap...and he was still apologetic to me up to that point and quickly refunded me after. Goes to show that communication is an art and when you aren't doing it well, your message sometimes doesn't get through.

I hope he can forgive me, sends his PP and gets his proper payment.

lYNN 25.jpg

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
Another jersey#22 grab. /25 Gold Press Proof. Tough enough to find a press proof in gold in my opinion, glad to stumble on the needle in the haystack.

Attachments

• 20240217_164127.jpg
    20240217_164127.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240217_164137.jpg
    20240217_164137.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
021924-1.jpg
1997 Select Artist's Proof Mark McGwire...still need the Canseco to finish out the team set. 2013 Bowman Draft Red Ice Sonny Gray RC 08/25...this was a glaring omission from my collection of early Sonny Gray cards. I've actually had the Purple Ice/10 for several years but was never able to find this one for a decent price.

021924-2.jpg
2001 Pacific Hobby LTD 26/70 Jason Isringhausen, still need 7 for that set. 2004 Donruss Career Stat Line Keith Foulke 200/210...still need a Zito Team Checklist/36 to finish up that set. Foulke is the only one missing from my Season Stat Line set, as well. 2005 Cracker Jack Mini Blue Landon Powell 41/50...Powell has a couple of variations in this set for some reason, still need the other one plus 4 more to finish the set. 2023 Topps Update '88 Gold Auto Mason Miller 31/50. Two 2022 Topps Update Black parallels, still need one more from the Update set plus five from Series 1/2.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Gotta be one of the coolest GU sets I've seen in years 😎 The Ovi I'm sure cost an arm and a 🦵 !!

That's some focus right there

chippernate

Gotta be one of the coolest GU sets I've seen in years 😎 The Ovi I'm sure cost an arm and a 🦵 !!

That's some focus right there
More than I would’ve liked haha what’s annoying is it’s the same exact one that was up 2.5 years ago on COMC, by the same seller, so he just pulled it and let it sit there. It’s literally the only copy I’ve ever seen

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Minty fresh /25 gold. Need blue and black for the run......

Nice pickup- might have 3 spares of those Golds- as well as 3 or 4 spares of the Blue and Blacks to help you out
Grab your trader shoes and email me as usual

And you can cease looking for the uni # Clemens of the Gold- I have it
If you want - in my Recent slab pickups thread can post the run of colors Jay so you can look at some eye candy :cool:

Here's a couple pics front and back of some spares I have in house
Blues- # 40/99, # 84/99 and # 85/99
Blacks - # 06/50, #15/50 and #21/50

full.jpg
full.jpg

full.jpg

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Some show pickups and mail from the last couple weeks

I'm working on the 1993 Stadium Club FDI set (first issue of FDIs) and the 1994 Pinnacle Museum Collection set (first issue of Museum Collection).

The Power in the Key is a childhood nostalgia set I've told myself several times I would put together again if I could get a Jordan at a decent price and I found that this past weekend.

Who wouldn't like a Mr. Rogers RC?
1.jpg 707 Ken Griffey Jr.jpg585 Mike Piazza.jpg746 Frank Thomas MC.jpgPower in the Key Michael Jordan.jpg Ken Griffey Jr.jpgRedemption Card.jpg 1991 Pro Set Platinum Mr Rogers.jpg

I've actually had these two for a while but had them authenticated by JSA this weekend at the show.
Willie Mays Goldin.jpg Hank Aaron Perez Steele.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
022224.jpg
My first 2024 card! The team color match parallel is pretty nice...I am trying to collect fewer parallels but with the nice designs for these and the Independence Day cards this year they sucked me in to 2 more. 2006 Turkey Red Gold Mark Ellis - need 5 more for that set. 2012 Prime Cuts Jarrod Parker Auto/149 that I didn't have for some reason, even though I have the /5 and /25 parallels. 2010 Topps Target Daric Barton...some of these from 2009 and 2010 are very difficult to track down so those sets are slow going. I still need 5 more from Series 1&2 plus another 5 from Update.

Members online

Latest posts