Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FF Trade. Thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Okay guys, I just wanted to see what everyone else thought of this potential trade.

Team A Gets:
LaDanian Tomlinson
Austin Collie
Eagles Defense

Team B Gets:
Ronnie Brown
Bengals Defense

Points to ponder:
LT is healthy from the sprained ankle. He ran for 70 yards on a tough Broncos D, but was pulled in a goal line situation.

Collie has been good, but his playing time will drop when Gonzalez is back.

Ronnie Brown has been solid and does well in the Wildcat. He does split carries with Williams, but he gets the majority of the workload between the two.

The Bengals D and Eagles D are pretty close in fantasy value. However, losing Odom for the season (8 sacks, team has 16 total) is pretty damaging for the Bengals D.

With LTs potential upside for the rest of the season, I think Team A could do well. I think this is a good trade for both teams. Team A would get a boost on the D and Team B would be getting help with Ronnie Brown.

I just thought I would throw this out there to see what other people think. I am seriously considering making this trade and just wanted to make sure maybe I wasn’t overlooking something. :lol:

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
It's pretty even, but I would go with B, for the simple fact that you're getting a player that will put up high fantasy points almost every week with Brown. Losing Odom is going to make the Bengals D go down in a hurry and Collie isn't much a target, so that leaves Brown VS. LT & Eagles D. LT hasn't looked all that impressive lately.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Team B getting Brown and the Bengals is the better deal, assuming A can fill the WR slots without Collie. I would assume that A would be able to, as Collie should have been somebody picked up from waivers and not drafted (pending depth/teams in league).

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Here is Team A:

QB-Matt Schaub
WR-Steve Smith
WR-Roddy White
WR-Dwayne Bowe
RB-Cedric Benson
RB-Ronnie Brown
TE-Heath Miller
W/R- Tim Hightower
K-David Akers
D-Bengals

Bench:
QB- Eli Manning
QB-Brett Favre
WR-Derrick Mason
RB-Julius Jones
RB-Larry Johnson
TE-Zach Miller

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Here is Team B:

QB-Aaron Rodgers
WR-Braylon Edwards
WR-Hines Ward
WR-Austin Collie
RB-LaDainian Tomlinson
RB-Cadillac Williams
TE-Chris Cooley
W/R-Lance Moore
K-Ryan Longwell
D-Eagles

Bench:
WR-TJ Houshmandzadeh
WR-Antonio Bryant
WR-Mike Sims-Walker
RB-Ray Rice
RB-Marion Barber
RB-Laurence Maroney

Aug 29, 2008
I like team B but I dont really see why team B needs another RB. I think between Caddy, LT, Rice, Barber and Maroney RB probably wouldn't be a huge need spot for me. I'd try to use one of them to upgrade at WR. Ward is a stud and Sims Walker and Housh have been solid but I still don't like Edwards and who knows what you will get out of Collie, Bryant and Moore the rest of the year.

Also chances are team B can probably just play matchups with Defense. If I were team A I wouldn't do the trade. I think its a really solid team as is and they would be downgrading a good deal at RB for a slight upgrade at Defense and a bench WR. I'd accept it if I were team B then try to move some RBs for better WRs.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
I really have no idea how that trade makes much sense for Team A???
I can only imagine they love Collie and feel LT may break out, cause it looks like a pretty good/balanced roster right now.....so they'd be trading their top back (and arguably best/most consistent player) for a back who has not shown any signs he'll turn it around, and a decent WR when WR is already a strength, and a slight upgrade on D/ST.

So if I was Team A no way I make that trade......if I'm team B - I'm still not sure I make the trade, because I'm not sure it makes the team a ton better, but at least you get the best player involved in the deal.

Latest posts