Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Final Costs for Grading Cards Through PSA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKCards

Feb 8, 2021
Let me start by saying I have never had my cards graded so I apologize if I don’t know what I’m talking about. I have been looking into it recently and have some new Topps chrome as well as some modern era stuff that’s a bit older that I’d like to have graded. I see that their site states $15/card and I understand shipping fees but I have heard many stories of people paying more than what was quoted. I guess what I need to know is if I’m sending in 20 cards, for example, to be graded how much would that cost? Assuming none of my cards are worth more than $999. Assuming no hidden fees I would expect to pay 20 x 15 + shipping which would result to be about $320. Is this about right? And if I sent in a higher quantity of cards would the price per card valuation go down? Thank you to anyone who can help me out with this! I just recently got back into the hobby after a 10 year hiatus (I’m 25 years old) and am looking to learn everything I can!

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
15 a card is Ultra modern ( 2018 forward)
Modern (1972-2017) is 12 a card
Vintage and gaming 10 a card
Add 25 cents a card in for declared value.

20 card minimum. Quantity no longer matters PSA changed that bulk level Oct 2020. As long as its 20 cards minimum subs can go.

Your going to pay to / from charges if you send yourself. Be advised they REQUIRE all subs be done electronically . Payments via credit/debit card only they no longer accept checks / money orders claiming it takes "more time to process".

Good luck let us see some pics when they come back 😄🎉🎆

If you need more help I'm at work right now but email me at my [email protected] address I''ll help.

Jeff

AKCards

Feb 8, 2021
15 a card is Ultra modern ( 2018 forward)
Modern (1972-2017) is 12 a card
Vintage and gaming 10 a card
Add 25 cents a card in for declared value.

20 card minimum. Quantity no longer matters PSA changed that bulk level Oct 2020. As long as its 20 cards minimum subs can go.

Your going to pay to / from charges if you send yourself. Be advised they REQUIRE all subs be done electronically . Payments via credit/debit card only they no longer accept checks / money orders claiming it takes "more time to process".

Good luck let us see some pics when they come back 😄🎉🎆

If you need more help I'm at work right now but email me at my [email protected] address I''ll help.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff, very helpful!

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
I think you picked the worst possible time to return to the hobby, LOL. Good luck finding any current product that hasn't been jacked up in price.

On a note, I have a 86-87 Fleer Micheal Jordan Sticker that ballooned in value for no real reason. I'm tempted to get it graded but the whole process feels like a big headache. I'd hate to send it in only for the card to end up damaged and I wouldn't even get it back for 6 months. Does PSA grade at card shows? I'd feel a bit more comfortable going that route.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I think you picked the worst possible time to return to the hobby, LOL. Good luck finding any current product that hasn't been jacked up in price.

On a note, I have a 86-87 Fleer Micheal Jordan Sticker that ballooned in value for no real reason. I'm tempted to get it graded but the whole process feels like a big headache. I'd hate to send it in only for the card to end up damaged and I wouldn't even get it back for 6 months. Does PSA grade at card shows? I'd feel a bit more comfortable going that route.

You can drop off a submission at a card show they are at, but no they don't grade them there. They take them back to their facility, grade them, then ship them back to you.

Members online