Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Finished a dirty set

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Finished the 2001 Topps Stadium Club Play at the Plate / King of the Hill relic set. Thought I'd show them all together. Play at the Plate cards feature batter's box dirt and King of the Hill cards feature pitcher's mound dirt. I always found these cards kind of a cool novelty so decided to do the set last year. A couple of the cards are redemptions, so a little harder than others. No card cost me over $20. Would like to find an unreedemed redemption card - haven't seen one yet.

mcgwire01SCPLAYATTHEPLATE.jpg
sosa01SCPLAYATTHEPLATE.jpg
vlad01SCPLAYATTHEPLATE.jpg

griffey01SCPLAYATTHEPLATE.jpg
piazza01SCPLAYATTHEPLATE.jpg
bagwell01SCPLAYATTHEPLATE.jpg

jones01SCPLAYATTHEPLATE.jpg
bonds01SCPLAYATTHEPLATE.jpg
arod01SCPLAYATTHEPLATE.jpg

garciaparra01SCPLAYATTHEPLATE.jpg
martinez01SCKINGOFTHEHILL.jpg
johnson01SCKINGOFTHEHILL.jpg

maddux01SCKINGOFTHEHILL.jpg
ankiel01SCKINGOFTHEHILL.jpg
brown01SCKINGOFTHEHILL.jpg

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
I think it would have been cool if they would have placed the batter's box dirt in either the left or right batter's box depending on the card's hitter. Cool set!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Never took notice of the set before. Funny how a whole insert or set itself can completely fly under the radar. I will now try to get the Brown Dodger card for the novelty.

I see a full set on ebay. Based on the others I saw for sale (Griffey for around $20), I'd say that his price seems WAY out of bounds ($1425), but maybe there are a few super toughies?

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Never took notice of the set before. Funny how a whole insert or set itself can completely fly under the radar. I will now try to get the Brown Dodger card for the novelty.

I see a full set on ebay. Based on the others I saw for sale (Griffey for around $20), I'd say that his price seems WAY out of bounds ($1425), but maybe there are a few super toughies?

Yeah, that set price is insane. I spent around $225 getting them all.

Members online

Latest posts