Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

First Look at Topps Minor League Pro Debut (PIC)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josh3302

Oct 28, 2008
Re: BLOWOUT PREVIEW OF 2010 TOPPS Minor League Pro Debut

Please move to the Baseball thread. Sorry

sraxe

Dec 2, 2008
Looks like the ProDebut logo is now just a product logo and no longer designates a players first card in their first professional uniform. Topps already had the rights to the Futures Game so I do not see anything new. This is supposed to be a minor league issue so why not use the Minor League logo man? That would be something new. I also don't see any 2009 draft picks which of course would hurt BDPP sales. What I see is that MLBP has completely sold out to Topps including all aspects related to card development and content. If Topps wants to force feed us crap, crap is what we will get.

yakacack

Apr 13, 2009
Tampa, FL
Hmm, I dont follow anything much as far as newer cards because my guy wasnt in it, but with the Futures game stuff it looks like EY Jr. may be in. I'll have to look for a checklist to see, but if he is it looks like I will need to start adding more money to my cards fund for things of his...especially now that he is coming out in Topps 2010, etc.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
cgilmo said:
the beckham = fail

the logos and trifold = win
Pretty much this.

I think I'll bite via the secondary market. I'll be going for the high-end memm., but - at this moment - I'm not too keen on the AUs. If I want a sticker AU of a prospect, I'll go to Tri-star for that.

The cut sucks massive testicles - simple.
The perfect MiLB logoman would be one cut from an actual MiLB jersey. Could you imagine such a beauty?

milb.gif

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
masonphillip said:
P_Manning 18 said:
You guys are always so quick to praise the Razor Exclusive contracts.... well now you see the aftermath. This could have been a HUGELY popular product. Auto'd rookie cards of many many minor league stars.

From Razor's perspective it was a good business move.

However, I don't think anyone around here has been issuing a whole lot of praise for Razor lately, even those of us who liked them at the beginning.

Topps MiLB chrome could be a hugely popular product with no autos at all, just lots of nice parallels, so if these products don't work for Topps, it will be their fault and theirs alone.
I don't even think Brian would agree with that statement, especially with the Beckham contract.

Exclusive contracts without MiLB and/or MLB licensing is a bad idea...and it is proven now. Throwing a lot of money to get attention and some exclusive deals created some decent buzz. Buzz doesn't equal business.

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009
i will definitly crack a few box's of this. In my opinion it looks sweet. I cracked tristar projections too. In my opinion, an auto is an auto, a jersey is a jersey, and a patch is a patch. I don't care about the company

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
This'll be good to compare to the price of Projections...

I mean, you're getting the same autographs and a few impossible patch cards -- Yet, magically, 20-30 dollars will be added to the price.

greeeeeed.

Members online

Latest posts