Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

For the Web Site Developers: my new custom code for lists of cards--makes organization easy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
Hey everyone, it has been awhile! I've been working hard on finishing my IT degree and I'm finally done. :D

So to keep my skills sharp I've been working on improving my site.

I would like to extend my skills to the community.

I've developed some custom code in HTML/CSS/JS/jQuery.

The product is nearly complete (might contain tiny bugs): http://www.royoswalt44.com/base-inserts-parallels.html.

Basically if you have an ol (organized list) or even an ul (unorganized list) or even just a group of paragraphs, the code will help your organization process.

I'm going to take the Justin Duchscherer Collection as an example: http://justinduchscherercollection.weebly.com/1998---2001.html.

He has a bunch of cards that are linked to pictures. He could easily wrap them all in a ol and assign them li.

So my code adds up the cards on that page, gives a total, and will even do a completion percentage.

One can break it down by year, or just do every single year in one large ol.

It doesn't matter because my code can be easily adapted in either fashion.

I also have it set up to exclude certain cards from the total if needed (let's say if you have every card from a year and want to subtract your missing cards from your total).

At the very top of the page I also have it set up to add up all the years and give an overall completion percentage.

If you need an example of how I have it set up just go to my page: http://www.royoswalt44.com/base-inserts-parallels.html.

I've also set up a bare bones example of a sample page: http://jsfiddle.net/mofny/94MRD/1/.

I also made the lists collapsible.

If you would like help adding the code to your site let me know. It should be quite simple.

Maybe one day (when I've learned more about jQuery) I could develop a plugin to make things super easy.

I'm also working on improving the look of the lists and making my site responsive for all screen sizes.

Please PM me with any questions, and as always please check out the page listed and tell me what you think.

Thanks!

Last edited:

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
ummmm that's pretty tight.

toss me an email, [email protected] maybe we can whip up something for FCB

Thank you sir, that's quite a compliment. I've worked hard on it, and I'm continuing to improve the functionality.

Once I learn more about jQuery I think it will improve much more.

I have to head to work right now but I'll shoot you an email.

Thanks!

Last edited:

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
I'm also working on adding a lightbox for the links in my lists.
If you click on a link in 2001 you will see it functioning.
If anyone has additional ideas to make the lists better or more interactive please let me know.

alwayson22

Dec 6, 2010
San Jose, CA
He's a good guy and I wouldn't mind helping him improve his site.

Chris, I would be grateful for any help you would be willing to provide. Your Roy Oswalt site is incredible, and I am by no means "computer savvy" when it comes to website capabilities. I have about six months worth of updates to add to my site (jerseys, cards, blog, etc.), which I hope to have completed in the next week or so. Once I am all caught up, I will shoot you a pm looking for suggestions. Thanks!

-Mike

Edit: Thanks for the mention, Erik. I would have missed this thread.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
Chris, I would be grateful for any help you would be willing to provide. Your Roy Oswalt site is incredible, and I am by no means "computer savvy" when it comes to website capabilities. I have about six months worth of updates to add to my site (jerseys, cards, blog, etc.), which I hope to have completed in the next week or so. Once I am all caught up, I will shoot you a pm looking for suggestions. Thanks!

-Mike

If you can give me your completion stats for each year I could easily do the rest.
I'll try to throw together a mock up for you. Since you have all your need cards in red it makes everything much easier.

Last edited:

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI

-Mike

Alright I did a mock up for your year 2002 cards. To save time I just did it in my style.
Ignore the overall total, it's being drawn from one of my totals.
That can be easily fixed when the code is transferred to your site.
So the total should read 21/26, but as you can see it is working because the red asterisks are the cards you are missing.
I also changed your links to be shown in the lightbox.
The captions under the images need to be changed too.

And do remember that all text styles, list styles, border styles, wording, etc. can be changed to your preference.
Merry Christmas!
To check it out: http://www.royoswalt44.com/justin-duchscherer-example.html

Last edited:

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
If anyone else would like a mock up done I think I'll do them in http://jsfiddle.net/ from now on.
Styling will really be the only thing that will be up to you.
You can go with my default style on my site, however.

Last edited:

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
What does one have to do for this to work for them? Already have a list made? Got laptop for Christmas, so can mess with stuff when I get home.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
What does one have to do for this to work for them? Already have a list made? Got laptop for Christmas, so can mess with stuff when I get home.

Do you have a website? I have provided all the code needed.
It takes a little web development knowledge.
But yes if you have a list or lists it can be converted to meet your needs.
Everything, including the style, can be fitted to what you want.
It's a great tool if you want to easily add or subtract cards from lists.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I have a list (on my eBay page) but needs updated. Also plab on making a new site ob freewebs or the like with photos. When I get laptop home I'll check it all out.

Members online