Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Frame vs. Shadow Box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buck724

Jul 22, 2010
Hey everyone--

Awhile back, I posted a thread about displaying my cards/memorabilia and I have another question to ask you all.

I'm looking to get some Griffey jerseys displayed, and was wondering what all of your thoughts were about Framing vs. Shadow boxing them?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I want the displays to be safe/secure for my memorabilia, and also look very sharp. Thank you very much for your help in advance! Cheers!

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Shadow boxing a jersey is quite a bit more expensive how ever the results are great if you have the space. Shadowboxes look nicer in my opinion. We have quite a few shadowboxed.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Here is my setup, these open on the side and hang from a wood hanger.
I get them from a local wood crafter for $90 each.

Jerseys.jpg

buck724

Jul 22, 2010
Thank you guys very much for the input! [MENTION=1953]Musial Collector[/MENTION]...non-gamers. UD Limited edition runs of Authentic jerseys. I just want them to be safe, secure, and preserved...as well as look very sharp. I like the setup you have there btw [MENTION=1953]Musial Collector[/MENTION]

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I've been looking for a frame or shadow box for my jersey for quite awhile. Mine is a game used jersey, so I've thought about buying one of the jersey shadow boxes from Michael's or Hobby Lobby and pinning it in myself

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Thank you guys very much for the input! @Musial Collector...non-gamers. UD Limited edition runs of Authentic jerseys. I just want them to be safe, secure, and preserved...as well as look very sharp. I like the setup you have there btw @Musial Collector

I've been looking for a frame or shadow box for my jersey for quite awhile. Mine is a game used jersey, so I've thought about buying one of the jersey shadow boxes from Michael's or Hobby Lobby and pinning it in myself

Zach, Very easy to do it yourself. I will take a pic of my cuddy jersey I have in one of those Michaels shadowboxes and post in here tonight.

buck724

Jul 22, 2010
Zach, Very easy to do it yourself. I will take a pic of my cuddy jersey I have in one of those Michaels shadowboxes and post in here tonight.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the average cost of a shadowbox from Michael's?

Members online

Latest posts