Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Game used Cards - Is anyone still a fanatic over them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
As a player collector I still enjoy cards of my guys, but I'd say game used cards in general hold less magic than they did in the past. As a full sized game used item collector, I've always felt it was a little crazy that card companies would cut up items to put into cards in the first place....but I have a few favorites.

Attachments

• 2005 Prime Patches Portraits Name Plate Patch 5of23.jpg
    2005 Prime Patches Portraits Name Plate Patch 5of23.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 2000 UD MVP Game Used Souvenirs Glove2.jpg
    2000 UD MVP Game Used Souvenirs Glove2.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 10

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I would never buy a vintage player like Williams or mantle because I dont believe for a SECOND that they were player worn or even player owned materials. I'd buy their old cards first.
I agree. I don't trust that a good percentage of "game used" swatches or bat pieces are even authentic, and I don't mean altered GU cards. There have been too many mistakes by card companies putting wrong swatches on cards, and questionable authentication services they bought pieces from. It's just blind faith to me.

I'll buy cheaper (under $10) GU cards for my player collections if they look cool, but I don't assume many are really actually game used. They're just neat inserts to me.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I agree. I don't trust that a good percentage of "game used" swatches or bat pieces are even authentic, and I don't mean altered GU cards. There have been too many mistakes by card companies putting wrong swatches on cards, and questionable authentication services they bought pieces from. It's just blind faith to me.

I'll buy cheaper (under $10) GU cards for my player collections if they look cool, but I don't assume many are really actually game used. They're just neat inserts to me.

Who do you collect as I have been listing my GU cards on EBAY for under $10..

Here are some examples..

francouer.jpgordonez.jpg

shawn green.jpg sosa.jpg

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
It's true that plain jersey/bat piece cards are way overproduced and unexciting these days. Especially when they are the 'hit' in a box. But just like any other style of card, the good ones stand out.