Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gerrit Cole vs. USC Trojans Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

packbusta

Aug 15, 2010
Since when does objectivity have anything to do with evaluating talent. :lol: You've been thanked sir.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
packbusta said:
Since when does objectivity have anything to do with evaluating talent. :lol: You've been thanked sir.

In my defense, I did actually say at first he isn't the best prospect, but has been most dominant this season.

packbusta

Aug 15, 2010
Impressive ERA. Do you think the new BCOR bats have any effect on the overall pitching performances weve seen this season? Seems like this year we have seen more outstanding pitching than usual?

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
packbusta said:
Impressive ERA. Do you think the new BCOR bats have any effect on the overall pitching performances weve seen this season? Seems like this year we have seen more outstanding pitching than usual?

One Division I college coach said give it three years and the new bat effect will change how Division I college baseball programs recruit.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Did this thread derail the Hype Train? Or just a blip on the radar and we are still full steam ahead?

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
P_Manning 18 said:
Did this thread derail the Hype Train? Or just a blip on the radar and we are still full steam ahead?

The guy is most likely the favorite to be taken #1 overall.

1 game giving up 3 or 4 runs isn't going to do much to change that. Should that continue, I could see his stock slipping. But to be taken over Rendon, that is a pretty telling. There is a reason his stuff is going nuts.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
beefycheddar said:
Jaypers said:
sheetskout said:
Wow. HR Oropressa.

Not surprising. He's got some pop behind his bat. Definitely not Cole's finest hour.

5 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 2 BB, 5 K

Some pop? Some pop?!?! He's one of the strongest I have ever seen in person. He isn't perfect, but when he hits it, it goes a long long way.

I was walking to the dugout this summer, and was no where near any area that a ball should land in walking along the foul line to the field. I heard the crack of the bat, and then a few feet past me a BP home run from Oropesa landed. It was insane.

His home run tonight was LOUD. The pitch he turned on had to be in the upper 90s and Oropesa was all over it.

As for Cole, his command was all over the place tonight. There were times his body language suggested he just didn't have it. He made some great pitches as well. It feels like the end result could have been worse for sure.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
packbusta said:

Guys I have seen that had legit power still have power. BA Vollmuth has 8 home runs, Andrew Susac has 4, Matt Skole has 5. The numbers across the board are closer to performances in the Cape League and wood bat statistics than ever.

Members online

Latest posts