Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Get them while they are hot. 2012 Topps Mini boxes - SOLD OUT!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Andrew,
I looked into this a few weeks ago and spoke with Brent about it. His feeling and ultimately the one I walked away with was that this was not a worthwhile large break. Maybe when the product first released, but way too many cards had fallen off tremendously in value. It'd be hard to make the financial numbers worth it. That doesn't mean that sets won't rebound, but as of right now with the price of sets falling, it didn't make fiscal sense, but that was a few weeks ago. Maybe things have changed.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
I have 3 $10 coupons to use, but can you only use 1 at a time, and you cann't enter it for Paypal checkout. Has anybody done this.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Down to 386. I've been crunching the numbers again but I can't see much beyond a break even scenario. Even with the limited number of sets, are the set prices going to stay around $90? They were over $150 at the beginning. What happens when you're sitting on 80+ sets. Who is buying them in bulk? Going to be hard to move them on ebay without drowning the market. It would be interesting to see what a Gold Set /61 would sell for, and of course the wild card is which autos you hit, which blacks, which plates. Risk is mitigated a little in a big break. I don't know. I'd love to go crazy, but I'm not sure this is the product.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Dont forget.... once Topps sells out at $50 per.. you wont find these cheaper. Blowout is $59.95 and I could see them upping that to $69.95 once Topps is sold out. Maybe breaking isnt worth it... but flipping boxes will be. I bet you can get $65 per box on eBay pretty quick. So if you buy 100 boxes for $5000. I can easily see you selling them for $6500 or more once Topps isnt selling them for $50 per.

Just a thought.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I just broke 4 yesterday

1 Harper
David Ortiz Auto
Jason Bay Black

so probably did ok. I really want to get more but can't pull the trigger. Although just sold 12 dollars in base on sportlots today. That is starting to push me over the fence.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
If you buy them at $50 per and sell them as single boxes for $65 each on ebay, you won't make much - about a dollar and change after the fees and shipping per box. If you could sell them in bulk it may be worth it.

Im saying $65 as a low price. People have had luck selling them for $70-75. That very well could be the price by next weekend. And im talking about a bulk buyer. He likely wouldnt sell 100 individual boxes. He could lot up 5 at a time. That could be roughly a $100 profit per 5 box lot.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
I think the wax could heat up as well once Topps sells out, and it's probably a nice flip if you can afford to buy up a good chunk of the remaining inventory and sit on it to flip in bulk lots over the course of several months. You'd have to be patient though since this is a niche product, and the price ceiling is limited.

Members online