Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Getting unreleased and unsigned "proof" cards signed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
I see some of those Bowman Chrome "proof" cards pop up on Ebay from time to time. Sometimes they're a card that was never actually released, but was apparently part of the original autograph lineup for that year.

Does anyone know if the players take issue with being presented these proof cards for IP autos?

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I would think that unless they are in tune with the hobby, they have no idea what is what. We know about them because of the people here and other sites that do the research on the background of these cards. Most players I would think, just think they are another card. Just my opinion though.

stangy24

Jun 18, 2009
San Francisco, CA
I actually bought a group of them pretty inexpensively (all different) last year and one was an unsigned Brandon Belt 2011 Bowman Platinum test Superfractor. Belt was doing a signing at a local shop and I brought it over to see if he would sign it and he was more than happy to. Sold most of the other players and still have the Belt left. In my auction, I absolutely give the history and have a reasonable BIN on it, and it still doesn't get a ton of action as people seem to know what these are.

Members online

Latest posts