Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*****GOOD WEDNESDAY MORNING*****4/7/21

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
$$@#@$# -- printer low on ink = nobody has ------need 100 count plastic boxes OR cardboard ---- nobody !!!!!-- two large cups coffee finished - yard work - maybe ==UGH

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Morning all. Got as far along with the floor as I can without tearing out my old cabinets. Not really wanting to tear them out now as I'll be gone for the weekend, and don't want to leave Jayme with a mess to clean up after me, and without countertops or a sink, haha.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Morning all. Got as far along with the floor as I can without tearing out my old cabinets. Not really wanting to tear them out now as I'll be gone for the weekend, and don't want to leave Jayme with a mess to clean up after me, and without countertops or a sink, haha.
on my first house putting in a new kitchen and bath. the floors had more rot than i thought had to ripp up . in the middle of that had half my roof off . had to park the mrs. at a cottage we had. she was not a happy camper.
good luck

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
on my first house putting in a new kitchen and bath. the floors had more rot than i thought had to ripp up . in the middle of that had half my roof off . had to park the mrs. at a cottage we had. she was not a happy camper.
good luck

Thankfully the subfloor has been in great shape and the floor has gone better than expected. Just replacing it with vinyl plank. Got worried since I was going to have to work around a wall that is just a tad over 5 foot wide, and had to hope everything stayed square on both sides. Everything lined up perfectly last night.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
My first house had four layers of shingles on roof and it still leaked LOL . Lucky my dad was able to do most jobs --- new roof / added covered front porch / back room / replumbed whole house / rewired most / some great friends helped and we did jobs on weekends -- house was $50.00 cheaper than rent 1977 a month . Heated with a wood stove -free wood .
Old hardwood floor sagged - left a gap ----late one night heard a pecan rolling ---- turn ed on light saw it still rolling .Later sounded like a top spinning = see a mouse under house trying to get pecan thru gap
BTW i paid $15,000 for house . Sold for $35,000

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
My sisters house that she just sold was built in 1870. I think she paid around $175,000 for in 1995 or so. She had it fixed up. I think she got $320,000. Houses here start at $500,000. Right near Boston. I rent a small apartment from my in-laws. :(

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
My sisters house that she just sold was built in 1870. I think she paid around $175,000 for in 1995 or so. She had it fixed up. I think she got $320,000. Houses here start at $500,000. Right near Boston. I rent a small apartment from my in-laws. :(
had some neighbors from BAASTON----

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010

That's one of the perks of living in the boonies. There's no way I'd own the house that I do if I lived in a city, and there's nothing special about my house

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Evening all!

3 more hours here then a nice weather day off.

Two of my 3 favorites, Nola and Luzardo, both pitched well but neither will get the W.

A's are staring down an 0-7 barrel...

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
That's one of the perks of living in the boonies. There's no way I'd own the house that I do if I lived in a city, and there's nothing special about my house
Same here. Small house on 3+ acres. Couldn't afford it in most parts of the country.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts