Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Graded Card Question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrniceguy1126

Oct 6, 2008
NEPA
Would you buy a graded card at a fair price if the case has a small crack on it? I'm looking at one with maybe a 1" or less crack about chest high on the player. It's definitely noticeable, but not distractingly so. The card is just over half the SMR price of what a similar card/grade would sell for.

What are people's thoughts on minor cracks & scuffs on cases, so long as they don't impact the card inside in any way? I know I'll likely hear someone say, "Buy the card, not the grade/holder," but since this affects the asthetics of the card, I'm not sure that argument applies.

Thoughts? Opinions? :)

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
mrniceguy1126 said:
Would you buy a graded card at a fair price if the case has a small crack on it? I'm looking at one with maybe a 1" or less crack about chest high on the player. It's definitely noticeable, but not distractingly so. The card is just over half the SMR price of what a similar card/grade would sell for.

What are people's thoughts on minor cracks & scuffs on cases, so long as they don't impact the card inside in any way? I know I'll likely hear someone say, "Buy the card, not the grade/holder," but since this is affects the asthetics of the card, I'm not sure that argument applies.

Thoughts? Opinions? :)

I believe you can get a card reslabbed for free or a nominal fee if the case cracks. That said, if it is a rare card I probably would since you may not be able to find another. If another is going to come along soon you may as well wait and not have to go through the process of getting it reslabbed.

championMan

Apr 16, 2009
For PSA any crack give me warning sign. I am afraid someone replace the card with a lower grade or fake card. Although there are situation minor crack happen with the mail man damage during shipping. I will not pay high price on big ticket card but for minor card (less than 30) I can accept fault.

championMan

Apr 16, 2009
This is what I mean about PSA easily replace with a diff card. Just a tiny crack can mean someone possibility altered or switch the card. Sometime PSA does a terrible job typing title of the card but it not worth it to bid this card and resubmit another $5 to fix it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PSA-10-2001-UPP ... 712wt_1249
$(KGrHqV,!qEE63Z2hSYYBPD6cFw1bw~~60_3.JPG

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts