Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

GREAT SF show pickups - 09 ultimate jumbo patch fans a MUST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
coltsnsox07 said:
Did any guys pack warring lose any of those big hits? We have a buy-back available when we pack war and lose something good. I dont want to be the guy who loses a Babe Ruth cut to a Reggie Jackson jersey because he had most letters in the last name or highest #d base card in the pack!

The big hits won their round, usually the bad autos. Plus if it's a close call, you keep your own card - they played best card wins.

striderboi

Nov 3, 2009
Bay Area
Not many steals today Jerry...though i picked up a BGS10 Posey Ref auto n flipped it for $200 profit. Sorry i couldn't got 3/3 in steals :D

striderboi

Nov 3, 2009
Bay Area
brouthercard said:
Hey G, did you bring anymore bowman jumbo cases to the show?

I soo tried to. I went to work and found out that locked all my cases in the office to prevent them from being stolen. I'm not mad at them for that as they know the stuff i get is a good chunk of $$$, but I would of made out like a bandit if i could of grabbed those 3 cases and flip it to Greg or that other guy...

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
mrwhitesox30 said:
matchpenalty said:
Those Williams are not even close to being from the same era. Everything is different on them. From color, to stitching to the thickness of red and blue trim ect.

Based upon color and stitching, I think they used one jersey from the 70's and one from the 90's. I think the OP's has more visual appeal because of it's age, but I haven't noticed much of a price difference. Everybody knows that he didn't wear either during his playing career, but it would still be nice if UD released when they were worn.

It would have been nice if UD had an image of the jersey and more info as to the jersey(s) the patches came from..

I had my card in hand looking at his scan and they look like they are from the same jersey.. but there are those that question all the patch cards that are made these days and when the jerseys were used (Dimaggio w/Oakland, Schoendiest w/St. Louis, etc..)

I know we have all bought enough patches on this board (and BMB) to avoid the fakes and questionable ones and having the video breaks with the Ultimate this year was definitely a plus.. especially when the sellers were posting the video with their auctions..

I doubt if UD will let us know where these came from now that they aren't producing baseball cards anymore..

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
KandKCards said:
Great stuff! I know the guy who owned that Tiger and I know what he was asking on it, wow :lol:

How much was he asking for it?

I'm really curious...

Members online

Latest posts