Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread - Part Two..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
Was able to sell this ungraded 07 Masterpieces Box Topper MP-18 Auto for $400. I have the other one incoming, the MP-2, from PSA. I originally had it slabbed through BGS and it came back with a 7.5 grade because of the "surface." I don't believe the BGS grader knew that all these toppers came with a faded area on the front for the player to sign. It's coming back a PSA 9. These are rumored to be /25.

Attachments

• GriffeyTopper1.jpg
    GriffeyTopper1.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 11

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Was able to sell this ungraded 07 Masterpieces Box Topper MP-18 Auto for $400. I have the other one incoming, the MP-2, from PSA. I originally had it slabbed through BGS and it came back with a 7.5 grade because of the "surface." I don't believe the BGS grader knew that all these toppers came with a faded area on the front for the player to sign. It's coming back a PSA 9. These are rumored to be /25.
where did you come up with /25?

1657998808276.png

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
I honestly can't remember. It was years ago when I was looking through sites for these cards. I tried putting the set together once but they were few and far between. The Jeter and Koufax was always out of my price range when I saw them, still are. Some sites still list the Griffey's as being in the Reds uniform, which, isn't true. He is in a Mariners uniform on both box toppers. I believe he has some base that are Reds though.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA

Members online