Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hank Aaron has passed away

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Very, very sad. Yet another loss for baseball and all of sports, but this is a Huge one.....šŸ˜Ÿ

RIP Mr. Aaron, the TRUE ALL-TIME HR KING!!!

No word yet on his cause of death but this is Hank getting his covid-19 shot just earlier this month..

20210122_105229.jpg

Last edited:

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
Very sad. RIP Mr. Aaron!

I met him at a Tri-Star show years ago and got a baseball signed. The guy standing behind him kept telling him to sign and stop talking so much. He said these people paid their hard earned money and I'll talk to them if I want. After he signed my ball we talked for probably 10 minutes. We were both smiling because the guy behind him was getting mad.
Aaron Hank Auto 1.jpgAaron Hank Auto 2.jpg

Benbabs

Oct 29, 2020
35 year old braves fan from upstate ny.
Rest In Peace ā€œHammerā€. You were 100% class and perhaps most dignified ballplayer Of all time.This one hurts.
Niekro, and also Sutton recently. (Iā€™m 35 so only knew sutton as braves broadcaster on TBS).

Attachments

• 31B8DDBF-DC90-4122-973D-E2A162DC723B.jpeg
    31B8DDBF-DC90-4122-973D-E2A162DC723B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I don't want to start a debate here, that's not what this is for, but statistically speaking he is arguably the most important baseball player ever. Beyond that he was a great human being, fighting for what's right. His biography "I had a hammer" is amazing if you haven't read it, a sad day for baseball and the nation as a whole.

chippernate

Very sad. RIP Mr. Aaron!

I met him at a Tri-Star show years ago and got a baseball signed. The guy standing behind him kept telling him to sign and stop talking so much. He said these people paid their hard earned money and I'll talk to them if I want. After he signed my ball we talked for probably 10 minutes. We were both smiling because the guy behind him was getting mad.
Man thatā€™s awesome, I would have loved to have been able to meet him

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Very sad. RIP Mr. Aaron!

That would have been really cool, and comical! Great story!

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
I don't want to start a debate here, that's not what this is for, but statistically speaking he is arguably the most important baseball player ever. Beyond that he was a great human being, fighting for what's right. His biography "I had a hammer" is amazing if you haven't read it, a sad day for baseball and the nation as a whole.

I have an autographed copy of this book. I got it at a book signing in Houston and it is a fantastic read. The vitriol and harassment he endured is unimaginable and that he dealt with it with such dignity and grace in inspiring.

Members online