Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Help requested from season eBay sellers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
Hi everyone,

just wanted to solicit some advice / tips from experienced eBay sellers. I sell pretty infrequently, often do consignment or have friend sell for me, but recently I did put a card up for sale that was a few hundred dollars to see if I would get any bites. I set it up to prevent buyers with negative feedback from bidding, and also to require immediate payment via paypal if they hit the BIN.

Well it sold today for the BIN price to a buyer with zero feedback (apparently I didn't set any specifications for their feedback limit).

Given the buyers feedback, I'd like to protect myself as much as possible to avoid complications once the card is packaged and leaves my possession. I'm not suggesting they are anything but 100% honest and trustworthy but the lack of feedback gives a slight bit of pause.

What would be the best way to "protect" myself?

I am considering signature confirmation but what else?

thanks!

p.s. I"m sure I'm being overly paranoid but want to avoid worst case scenarios

p.p.s I did cross check the buyer's name against existing FCB "beware of buyer" threads and did not find any matches

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Everyone starts at zero. Maybe this buyer is just late to the party. I don't sell, so I don't have any advice, but hope it goes smoothly for you.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Depending on value, Signature Confirmation is good.

Also, would suggest insurance.

Besides hand delivering it, not much else you can do.

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
Anything over $250 I believe its required to get Signature Conformation...

I personally send anything over $150 with Sig Conf and insure anything over like $75...

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
Thanks everyone for input. Totally get that everyone starts with no feedback and i have no reason to suspect this buyer is a bad apple, just rather be safe than sorry!

Members online